Morgan McKinley Galway Ireland
2 months ago
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and monitoring an effective maintenance system in conjunction with the Hotel Manager and General Manager.
He/She will work closely with the General Manager and Operations Manager on the development of all projects including:
• Development and control of Capital Expenditure programmes.
• To ensure budgets are monitored and achieved
• To negotiate service contract agreements with supplier companies - liaising with the General Manager.
• Issue maintenance contract with all suppliers/contractors on an annual basis and ensure that these are returned completed, checked and that all companies comply with Health & Safety Legislation.
• To control waste management systems for the Hotel in accordance with Legislation and Safe Practices.
• To be involved in maintenance duties in a hands-on capacity.
• To establish a "call out" reporting/control system so that effective records are maintained.
• To establish a 'Supply Collection... reporting system so that you are aware of location of employees at any given time.
• To ensure that you conform to, and all your staff conform to safe operating procedures and to Health & Safety Legislation.
• To co-ordinate purchasing of necessary items ensuring that correct procedures are adhered to (you are responsible for contractors who need to order goods as well).
• On a monthly basis check all internal and external fire equipment - taking corrective action where necessary.
• On a quarterly basis - emergency lighting system needs to be checked, taking corrective action where necessary.
• To liaise with Senior Management/Accommodation in relation to refurbishment work; redecorating.
• Prioritize, plan and co-ordinate all work tasks to be done.
• To liaise with the General Manager on all matters pertaining to the hotel.
• To create strategy for the potential improvement of the physical product, (i.e. building, plants, machinery) grounds.
• To cooperate and engage with the H&S audits keeping all records up to date
• To organize H&S related trainings as directed
• To work with the Maintenance Manager at their sister premises in relation to any projects etc
To be available to work 5 days over 7.
Due to the changing needs of our business, you may be required to work in other departments or hotels within the company on a temporary basis.
• Qualified Electrician
• Strong Health and Safety Background
• Pool Plant Equipment Experience
• Strong M&E experience in a similar environment
• Experience working in a Hotel Environment
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES
Facilities Manager Galway jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.