u&u Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
Office Manager - Law firm
Join a global law firm as the national Office Manager of the Melbourne and Perth offices, located in Melbourne CBD and remotely supporting Perth.
• Global office work benefits - Enjoy 5 subsidies days per year working at the international office locations;
• Family-like, close knit office culture; and
• Fitness subsidies and corporate benefits.
This global law firm is known for it's top tier services, delivering sound legal advice to their global clients in a straightforward manner, even in the most complex matters. This firm is values driven and especially passionate about empowering their team to reach their highest potential. They have successfully expanded their Australian offering across multiple states in the recent years, opening the opportunity for an Office manager to take on the national role of supporting both Melbourne and the brand-new Perth office.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities & Operations APAC (interim ... report in to Global Facilities Director), you will be responsible for managing and improving Office Services & Facilities function for the Melbourne and Perth office.
Key duties include but are not limited to;
• Oversee all administration processes and functions for the Melbourne and Perth offices;
• To maintain up to date records and adhere to the essential competencies and Service Level Agreements for the role;
• Procurement of office equipment and supplies;
• Responsible for the renewal and management of offices legal subscriptions with the providers, as well as oversee sites mobile phone plan(s) and manage the associated cost;
• Oversee all travel. Responsible for relationship with the firms travel provider and escalation point for any travel issues;
• Responsible for security, utilities, and general office upkeep across Melbourne and Perth; and
• Manage and maintain all Health and Safety requirements, including maintenance of safety equipment, introduction and training of Firstaid and Fire Wardens.
Management of Staff
• Manage the Secretaries, Paralegals and Receptionists in the Melbourne and Perth offices, providing support, guidance, training and performance management;
• Conduct performance and salary review meetings with all support staff under your supervision, in conjunction with any relevant Partners;
• Assist with the recruitment process of support staff; and
• Ensure all new secretaries and office assistants are welcomed and inducted to the team's procedures and processes.
• Manage the relationship with building management for the Melbourne and Perth offices;
• Maintain a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule for the assets within the office ensuring appropriate maintenance agreements and arrangements are in place; and
• Manage meeting room set-up and liaise with AV Advocate / IT to ensure all furniture and kit is functional.
• Drafting and implementing office policies and procedures for the office, along with Finance, HR, BD; and
• Assist with staff inductions, training, leave management and adhoc queries in the Melbourne and Perth office.
Risk and compliance
• Liaising with the Sydney OM oversee the building, professional indemnity, management liability, travel, crime, public liability and workers compensation insurances;
• Manage the renewal of Lawyers practising certificates across Victoria and WA;
• Be responsible for the Melbourne and Perth offices ISO accreditation's in conjunction with the UK teams;
• Oversee privacy compliance in Melbourne and Perth including GDPR; and
• Ensure the business continuity and disaster recovery plans are up to date and communicated with the Head of BCP & Facilities Compliance and Partners of the firm.
Business Development & IT
• To assist with the logistics of office client events, working with fee earners and our Business Development team to ensure the event is a success; and
• Escalate to IT and assist with the resolution of any significant IT issues.
Required experience and capabilities
• Previous experience working within a law firm environment is desirable;
• Experience managing a team of direct reports;
• Previous experience looking after facilities management responsibilities;
• Proven ability to manage projects;
• High level of IT literacy; and
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Who to contact
For more information please call Kyra Houston at u&u on 9437 4817, quoting reference number
31360. Alternatively, to submit an application please click the apply button.
Please submit your resume in Word format only
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Office Manager Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.