Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health Vancouver Canada
2 months ago
Secretary 3 Work Site: VCH Assertive Community Treatment Team 6, Vancouver Community Mental Health Services - Vancouver, BC Temporary Part Time (0.73 FTE) Start Date: As soon as possible until Novemeber 2023 Hours:
Days Off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Stats
Come work as a Secretary with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Secretary to join the Vancouver Community team. Apply today to join our team
As a Secretary with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
• Perform a variety of clerical and transcription duties to support the office.
• Provide transcription services, assist the Administrative Supervisor in the day to day operation of the office, type/format a variety of technical and non-technical material, attend meetings and relieve for receptionists as required.
• Perform a variety of clerical duties and maintain and monitors client charts.
Education & Experience
• Graduation... from a recognized business college or commercial education program, plus two years' recent related experience, including switchboard/receptionist experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
• Proven switchboard/receptionist skills, and accurate word processing skills with a minimum typing speed of 60 net wpm.
• Demonstrated ability to create and work with spreadsheets/databases and create presentation materials, utilizing a variety of software applications, and the ability to adapt to new technology.
• Ability to transcribe dictation using a dictaphone.
• Ability to deal with potentially difficult and volatile situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work with minimal supervision, to take initiative, to organize and prioritize workload and to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff, to maintain confidentiality, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
• Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
• Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
• Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.