RWE Renewables GmbH
RWE Renewables GmbH via BeBee Korea, South
2 months ago
RWE Renewables Korea LLC, Seoul
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
Functional area: Business Development
RWE Renewables Korea is recruiting for a Senior Consent Manager to lead Consenting activity on current and future offshore wind projects in Korea.
The role will focus on developing and supporting the local consents team to deliver OPPWs, EBLs and other permits for RWE's offshore wind projects. Bringing extensive experience from EIA and consenting in the UK and/or European context, the successful candidate will help to develop RWE's understanding of South Korean permitting and consenting processes, and play a leading role in delivering consents for RWE projects.
The successful candidate will have a track record of supervising and delivering EIAs and consents for offshore wind projects in Europe, combined with an understanding of the way in which consenting interfaces with other elements of project development. Experience of project consents in South... Korea would be advantageous, but is not required for the role. Instead we are looking for individuals who have the ability to transfer knowledge and skills into a new market context, helping to work within (and help shape) a new regulatory system.
An entrepreneurial mindset and a enthusiasm for working within cross-cultural teams are essential.
Your future plans
• Manage project consent team personnel on a day-to-day basis, and work to ensure their professional development
• Support in recruitment of new consenting personnel where necessary
• Maintain an overview of all consenting activity in South Korea (multiple projects)
• Coordinate with other consents teams in the APAC region (Taiwan, Japan, India) to share lessons learned and help wider development of RWE in the region
• Liaise with consents teams of any JV partners as necessary
• Provide technical advice and experience to RWE Regulatory Managers liaising with Government to shape the South Korean consenting systems.
• Engage with relevant consents stakeholders to share RWE's insights and international experience at a national and local level as necessary.
Responsibilities at a project level include:
• Coordinate and manage project development activities and interface with other core project staff and other project teams where appropriate.
• Ensure a consentable and buildable project design envelope for each project.
• Guide the local team in delivering (and maintaining) the necessary consents for the project, including land lease agreements where appropriate.
• Set and manage consents budgets including consultation cost.
• Develop and maintain consents programmes, and ensure delivery on schedule.
• Develop and maintain the consents risk register.
• Coordinate the procurement of contracts for EIA, RIA, MTSA, CHI and other consents contracts, ensuring best value for money is achieved.
• Manage (or oversee) the delivery of relevant contracts
• Experience in delivery and coordinating EIA and consents for offshore wind projects in Europe including proven ability at senior consent manager level.
• Deep understanding of offshore and onshore planning issues for offshore wind projects, and ability to apply these in a new context.
• Good people management skills including motivational and support skills.
• Well organised and able to manage multiple work streams .
• Highly motivated, with the ability to work to challenging project deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a different culture where English is not the dominant language.
• Aware of differences between Eastern and Western cultures with a willingness and enthusiasm to work across the cultures.
• Ability to adapt to changing regulatory requirements and replan accordingly.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 70820
Any questions? Contact Seiji Miyaki )
We look forward to meeting you
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region
Jobs in via BeBee Korea, South
Senior Environmental Manager Offshore Wind Parks in Korea via BeBee jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.