The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Digital Content Curator
Division: Information Technology, Digital Experience
About The Salvation Army
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army (TSA) has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada and Bermuda. Last year, we helped over 2.1 million people, providing necessities of life such as food, clothing, and shelter. And our work goes well beyond that to including supporting people through unemployment, loneliness, finding church community, and responding to family challenges. We continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
These are exciting times at The Salvation Army as we launch a significant digital and business transformation. We are in the midst of revolutionizing our core capabilities to maximize service and mission outcomes. This will include an integrated platform for relationship and people management, learning, intranet and data warehouse. In order to achieve all this, we are now recruiting for two... Digital Content Curators.
About the Role
The Digital Content Curator has overall accountability for locating and evaluating data for the purposes of discovery and design of a digital experience platform. The incumbent will provide support to the Modern Intranet/DXP (Digital Experience Platform) capability stream by fulfilling content management needs and work closely with the Director of Digital Experience Engineering, Senior Business Analyst, Solution Architect, and Process Owner to maintain an organized approach to locating, organizing, and distributing content and digital assets. The successful candidate will exhibit the skills of a specialist on complex business matters and draw upon their knowledge of content curation to identify areas of relevance that successfully support the Modern Intranet implementation. All efforts will in effect optimize mission impact on the frontline of The Salvation Army’s ministry.
In their work UX Designer will be drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding, and customer/technical support. Excellent design and research skills, and the flexibility to manage changing deadlines and priorities are essential. You must have the proven ability to meet deadlines, exercise good judgment to resolve problems, and create high-quality work.
What You’ll Do
• Work with Project Management, Solution and Integration Architects, Business Analysts, and others to develop detailed approaches, estimates, and project plans in support of content curation and management work
• Document various artefacts related to content and digital assets discovery, validation, deployment, and plans for content related parts of project implementation
• Curate content used for a variety of web, mobile, and other platforms
• Research, coordinate, edit and integrate content to produce layouts in accordance with The Salvation Army’s brand guidelines
• Source and select content from stakeholders, vendors, and other sources
• Guide content creators in the development of targeted content
• Analyze content needs to optimize assets
• Develop a schedule for updates, archiving, and ongoing production of content
• Maintain a content repository for various assets (photo, video, files, etc.)
• Conduct in-depth research to identify content and digital assets that are required for the implementation of DXP
• Catalog and store digital assets in CMS/DAL for easy access across teams
• Maintain accessibility and security of content and digital assets across teams; including editing and discarding outdated content
• Troubleshoot access to digital assets and compatibility issues across publishing platforms
• Analyze content consumption across all platforms and make recommendations to the content producing teams of Internal Communications, PR, Ministry Units, and others
• Create and maintain a content-sharing schedule across our TSA Intranet and other channels
• Work closely with the content creators and social media specialists to develop and maintain a continuously evolving content strategy
What You Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or Information Technology preferred with minimum 3 years of experience or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 1 year of social media marketing experience
• At least 1 year of content management experience
• The ideal candidate will possess a comprehensive knowledge of social media, demonstrated editorial judgment, and familiarity with Gen-Z online culture
• Superior written communication skills
• Familiarity with content management systems, including social content management and scheduling tools
• Experience evaluating data and drawing sound conclusions and recommendations
• Able to communicate clearly and work effectively with cross-disciplinary teams
• Strong desire for continuous improvement and learning; lifelong student
• Comfortable with research and information architecture
• Ability to quickly sort through the massive amounts of information on to identify which content will be of interest to a specific group or audience
What We Promise
• Belonging to a creative, dynamic team of IT professionals where what you do will make a difference in your own backyard and across Canada & Bermuda
• Continuous learning and growth through challenging work
• The chance to be part of a leading digital and business transformation for over 100,000 employees and volunteers
• An opportunity to launch and/or grow your career with a huge, stable, international not-for-profit organization
• We live our Core Values as a faith & values-based organization, we hire and serve people of all backgrounds, faiths, and traditions – there’s a place for everyone to belong here.
How We Hire
We are committed to creating a workplace where people experience meaningful work, a sense of hope and optimism, an environment of trust, and inspired results. If this sounds like an environment in which you would like to work, apply here today!
We embrace equity, diversity, justice, inclusion and belonging and we’re committed to building a team that represents many backgrounds, perspectives and skills, representative of the communities we serve. The more inclusive we are, the better our work and workplace will be.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, and will contact candidates identified for interview. Internal Applicants, please speak with your manager about your intentions prior to submitting your application. Close date for internal candidates: February 14, 2023.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (ict-jobs.org) you saw this job posting
Digital Content Curator Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.