US Department of Veterans Affairs
US Department of Veterans Affairs Tulsa OK United States
2 months ago
The Deputy Chief Biomedical Engineer, in conjunction with the Chief Biomedical Engineer, supports and advances patient care by applying engineering and managerial skills to healthcare technology; conducting an equipment management program that meets current Joint Commission (JC) and NFPA requirements. The breadth of technology is typical of health care system comprised of 1 VA Medical... Center, 8 Outpatient Sites of Care and expanding to add one outpatient site of care and a new Medical Center. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Evaluates other programs in the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN).
• Assures provision of a continuing education program for professional staff addressing the principles and application of medical instrumentation used in the delivery of healthcare. This includes a curriculum that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment and/or technology.
• Provides continuing education beyond the facility including the VISN and/or the national program office or teaches at a higher learning institution.
• Manages a recall and safety alert program for medical devices, including medical device incident investigations to assure compliance with patient safety goals, SMDA, and JC requirements.
• Analyzes recall and safety alert programs for other medical centers and/or conducts medical equipment investigations for the VISN or national program office.
• Serves as advisor to senior clinical and leadership staff on medical technology, including existing and emerging technology, addressing viability, long-term suitability, compatibility, and/or safety.
• Serves as technology advisor to assist VISN with technology management and assessment.
• Conducts capital asset and infrastructure planning for medical equipment spanning initial concept, installation, and effective implementation of complex medical equipment.
• Participates at the VISN and/or national level with capital asset planning.
• Analyzes organizational and operational problems and develops timely and economical solutions to meet facility, VISN, and/or national needs.
• Serves as institutional expert who directly supports the most complex and specialized clinical technology including service, system administration, training, and quality assurance for multiple sites.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentive: May be offered to highly qualified applicants
Functional Statement #: 53951-O
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Tulsa OK USA
Jobs in Tulsa OK United States
Supervisory Biomedical Engineer Tulsa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.