University Health Network
University Health Network Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Job Posting # 916401
Position: Clinical Research Coordinator II
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Cancer Clinical Research Unit
Reports to: DIRECTOR, CCRU PROGRAM
Salary Grade: 2094 - D0:07
Salary Range: $36.38 per hour to $45.47 per hour
Status: Permanent Full Time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clinical Research Coordinator II in our Cancer Clinical Research Unit.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning. The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care... research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN's five research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Position: The Cancer Clinical Research Unit has a mandate to lead and promote clinical research within the Princess Margaret (PM) Cancer Centre through standardization of processes and encouraging a culture of responsibility and accountability in clinical trials. Working under the supervision of the Lead Budget Negotiations Lead, the Clinical Research Coordinator II (CRCII) will use their past experience in clinical trial management to focus on the development of clinical trial budgets supporting principal investigators within the PM Cancer Centre. This CRCII position requires an action-oriented individual with strong budget development experience, good business acumen, demonstrated problem solving capabilities and a good understanding of negotiation principles and study feasibility. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work with individuals from program departments as well as external stakeholders to achieve objectives to streamline the budget process, negotiate effectively, have excellent communication skills, and maintain an eye for detail and the ability to initiate the follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution.
Working under the direction of the Lead, Budget Negotiations, the CRC II will conduct key tasks including
• Review of clinical trial protocols for budget development
• Budget negotiation with external stakeholders
• Reviewing interdepartmental service agreements
• Consistently maintain general knowledge of protocols and prepare amendments of budgets as required by sponsors/external stakeholders or requested by principal investigators.
• Ensure congruency between clinical trial protocols, trial budgets and contractual agreements
• Other tasks as assigned and adhoc requests, which may include, but are not limited to, assessment of time management systems for clinical trials, contributing to business cases for program expansion/consolidation ect., or participating on special committees
At minimum, a completion of a Bachelor’s degree program, or recognized equivalent in Health or Science Related Discipline.
• Between 3-5 years’ experience in oncology clinical trials, regulatory affairs, project management; budget development
• Between 3-5 years’ experience preparing clinical trial budgets, preferably industry-sponsored clinical trials
• Demonstrate relevant clinical research funding/budgeting knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent organization, prioritization skills, good computer skills, ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail.
• Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
• Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
• Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: March 16, 2023 CLOSING DATE: April 16, 2023
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted
Clinical Research Coordinator II - Ccru Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.