Miryco Consultants Ltd
Miryco Consultants Ltd Ipswich United Kingdom
2 months ago
Miryco Consultants are working with a ‘Top 3’ premium general insurer to hire a high-performing Reserving Analyst for one of the most highly regarded Actuarial teams in the UK. Working on the Retail Home line of the business, the successful candidate would be entrusted to provide technical support on a range of tasks within the actuarial function, including reserving, capital modelling and performance monitoring. The Reserving Analyst in this team would receive exposure to various different business areas, including Pricing, Capital Modelling, Risk Management, Claims & Underwriting and Business Finance.
• Conduct actuarial analysis to support the assessment of claims reserves necessary for the Retail Home line of business.
• Manage and prepare claims data for analysis/modelling.
• Automate certain monitoring methods to prioritise key-value adding investigations, new methodology and assumption calibrations.
• Theorise the impact of claims, pricing, underwriting and... market developments across AXA Insurance and the UK insurance sector more broadly on performance and claims development patterns.
• Contribute to strategic decisions within the Retail Home line of business through insightful analysis, with a constant consideration of how processes and business methods may be optimised.
• Support the assessment of capital requirement and the delivery of the internal capital model.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2:1 degree or higher in a numerate subject.
• Good progress through Core Technical actuarial exams at least.
• General insurance actuarial experience preferable.
• Knowledge and experience of modelling techniques and computer languages such as R, Python, SAS, SQL, Excel and VBA.
• Key communication skills and relationship management experience.
Salary: Up to £45,000 plus excellent bonus.
Follow Miryco Consultants for similar opportunities across banking, insurance and asset management
Jobs in Ipswich United Kingdom
Reserving Analyst Ipswich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.