WSP in the UK
WSP in the UK Cardiff United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move it’s vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our ENERGY business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: Energy | WSP
Your new role, what's involved?
We are seeking a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Energy Transition Team. Working as part of a large engineering group you will lead the development of Mechanical designs on a wide range of Energy projects from initial inception through development, construction, operation and decommissioning. Projects include; conventional power plant, energy from waste plants, industrial facilities and carbon capture schemes.
Our team’s... expertise covers all thermal generation and conversion technologies and includes novel, first of a kind concepts and other low or zero carbon technology such as future fuels and carbon capture, utilisation and storage. Working together with private developers, power utilities, government bodies, banks, lending agencies, contractors and OEMs we safely deliver projects whilst meeting and exceeding client expectations.
You should be experienced in the delivery of concept, FEED and detail design work, and be familiar with working for an OEM, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor or a similar organisation. Experience of working in Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and an understanding of asset integrity processes and procedures would be advantageous to help support our clients with technical advice on their existing facilities and operational plant.
Location is flexible across our UK office network.
In this role you will be:
• Working with the project team to develop cost-effective, efficient and innovative solutions to complex problems to create practical designs based on these solutions
• Working on projects in a variety of stages of maturity, including Feasibility Studies, Concept Designs, FEED Studies, Value Engineering and Detailed Design
• Preparation of Mechanical deliverables such as calculations, equipment specifications and datasheets for turbines, compressors, pumps, pressure vessels, heat exchangers
• Working closely with process engineers in development of process flow diagrams and piping & instrumentation diagrams
• Supporting development of plant layouts and plant 3D models
• Working with equipment vendors on developing designs of equipment packages and participating in technical evaluations of vendor designs
• Provide engineering advice and technical solutions in relation to plant integrity issues on operational assets;
• Developing proposals and bids for the mechanical discipline and contributing to multi-disciplinary proposals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• A Degree in a relevant Engineering subject;
• Chartered Engineer or working towards IEng/CEng and a member of relevant Engineering Institute;
• Post graduate work experience within Power Generation or Oil & Gas industry
• Knowledge of national and international codes and standards used within the industry covering design and manufacturing requirements of plant equipment and piping
• Experience of carrying out pressure vessel and piping design and stress analysis
• Experience of working with mechanical designers and pipe stress engineers on plant 3D models
• Proficient in the useof MS Excel to create schedules and datasheets, MathCAD to undertake engineering calculations and to solve engineering problems;
• Experience of thermal plant operational and integrity issue troubleshooting and problem solving
What's in it for you?
• Work-life balance?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
• Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
• Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
• Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
• Your development?
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date
Jobs in Cardiff United Kingdom
Mechanical Engineer (Energy Transition) UK Wide Cardiff jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.