CIBC Toronto Jersey
2 months ago
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
What you'll be doing
As a member of CIBC’s team, the Senior Manager, IT Intake and Project Management is a seasoned expert responsible for intake management, estimation, project/release management, and reporting which includes governance, security, risk and operational. The role applies professional knowledge to direct, motivate and develop staff to maximize their individual contribution and function effectively as a team. The Senior Manager, IT Intake and Project Management manages resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality of business requirements and ensures the... solution design meets the business need and aligns with CIBC standards. The Senior Manager, IT Intake and Project Management is a seasoned expert responsible for overseeing the day to day intake pipeline, estimation, release content and multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity, ensuring project control procedures and policies are adhered as per technology’s project performance standards. Developing reports and participation in various technology and client meetings is a key function of this role. The role works with minimal direction, motivating and developing staff to maximize their individual contribution and function effectively as a team. The Senior Manager, IT Intake and Project Management uses significant latitude in determining objectives and leads employees in the development of analytical approaches, while establishing and maintaining client, senior management and project manager relationships. In addition, the role provides status updates and progress reports to project stakeholders to manage expectations related to scope and timeline constraints
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How you'll succeed
• People Management – Lead and coach a high performing group team of individuals. Direct, motivate, and develop your team, maximizing their contributions and professional growth. Share knowledge and collaborate to come up with effective solutions to problems.
• Intake Management – Develop a multiyear technology roadmap that considers CIBC Mellon strategic initiatives, CIBC’s technology strategy, risk (vulnerability, deficiency, deviation,) remediation, and currency and capacity refreshes. As required engage 3rd party vendors to develop statements of work to satisfy business requests.
• Communication and Persuasion – Share ideas, build consensus, and write with impact. Chair meetings and ask probing questions to facilitate discussion and identify activities and tasks to advance goals. Oversee the creation of client governance, security and operational reports.
• Relationships – Develop trusted working relationships with business stakeholders and technology partners.
• Leadership –Support and mentor intermediate and team by sharing knowledge, collaborating and problem solving.
Who you are
• You can demonstrate experience with: 5-8 years’ in people management with a focus on project and intake, ideally within the financial services or technology industry. You have demonstrated the ability to lead and manage project management and intake teams, and have demonstrated the ability to coach and help develop other team members. You have experience with resource planning, request prioritization/assignment and the ability to manage business roadmaps. You have experience with waterfall and agile methodologies and knowledge of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC). You have experience with project management and issue management tools like Planview, ServiceNow, and JIRA.
• You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
• You embrace and advocate for change. You continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
• You're motivated by collective success. You know that teamwork can transform a good idea into a great one. You know that an inclusive team that enjoys working together can bring a vision to life.
• You know that details matter. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
• Your influence makes a difference. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by sharing your expertise.
• You are a caring and accountable leader. You’re passionate about developing and growing team members abilities. You have experience providing coaching and hands on support to meet team goals.
• You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Business, and/or a related field.
• Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
• We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive compensation, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and moment makers, our social, points-based recognition program
• Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to build innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
• We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like purpose day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
What you need to know
• CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience.
• You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 28th Floor
Regular Weekly Hours
Agile Methodology, Managed Service Providers, People Management, Teamwork, Understanding of Requirements
Sr. Manager, IT Intake & Project Management Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.