Robert Walters Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
2 months ago
One of the world’s largest glove manufacturers is recruiting for an AM, Sustainability (Social Compliance) job to implement better social compliance practices within the manufacturing plant. This role reports to the Head of Sustainability.
About the AM, Sustainability (Social Compliance) Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of effective sustainability strategies and programmes to build and promote social compliance for the manufacturing plant.
• Lead the planning and execution of social compliance audit activities
• Liaise with multiple stakeholders in keeping them up to date on social audit scope and schedule
• Acknowledge and examine the Code of Conduct (COC) provided by the customer/external auditor and obtain Management approval before submitting for customer/auditor review
• Ensure that Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is completed by the Auditor and obtain management approval prior to audit commencement
• Follow-up with... the respective departments in ensuring Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) is taken before the deadline set by the customer/auditor
• Identifying strategic operational issues and performance gaps
• Complete and maintain Certification membership and to process the annual renewal, e.g. SMETA and WRAP audits
• Conduct internal audit for all respective department or sections to ensure we follows the audit requirements and stipulates standards
• Establishing key performance indicators and leading teams to execute project deliverables to achieve schedule, budget, and performance goals
To succeed in this AM, Sustainability (Social Compliance) role, you will need to have at least 10 years of industrial and/or consulting experience within the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) sphere, with specific focus on Human Rights.
• Tertiary qualification in Science, Sustainability, or related field of study
• At least five years of Sustainability and Social Compliance management experience
• Deep understanding of ESG/Sustainability issues and relevant tools and frameworks
• Proven track record in managing Social Compliance frameworks within large organisations is ideal
• Prior experience managing social audits within the manufacturing industry is ideal
• Engaged in environmental and social impact assessment
• Familiarity with the standards of social audits, such as SMETA and WRAP Compliance
• Practical experience and deep understanding of one or more of the core elements of ESG, especially climate risk assessment, carbon footprint measurement and reduction, culture, diversity and inclusion, measuring social impact/value and linking it to business opportunities, human rights issues, circular economy solutions, assessment of environmental and ecological impacts of business operations, and the design and implementation of ESG governance and policies
• Strong passion for human rights and want to ensure a positive future for people and the environment
• Strategic mindset with strong innovative approach at problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid planning and organisation skills
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are a talented and driven professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward while adding value towards social compliance, this AM, Sustainability (Social Compliance) role is the one for you.
Apply today or send your CV to shangga[email protected] to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Jobs in Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
AM, Sustainability (Social Compliance) Kuala Lumpur jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.