Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care
Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care Penetanguishene Canada
2 months ago
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Job Class: Registered Nurse
Programs: Float Pool
Rate of Pay: $40.02 - $48.39 per hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Employee Group: OPSEU
Work Schedule: 75.00 hours bi-weekly as per schedule
Posting Type: Open
Shift Type: Rotating days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
The Nursing Float Pool staff will have the opportunity to be trained and scheduled for a variety of clinical settings, including all regional and provincial clinical programs in the facility. Shifts will be assigned to meet the staffing needs of the organization therefore non-traditional scheduling will be required. The Registered Nurses will provide mental health nursing care, physical assessment and related care required to patients within a specialized inter-professional clinical program.
• Providing leadership in the provision of nursing services within the nursing and inter-professional teams especially in circumstances when the... patient’s condition is more complex, and the outcomes of patient care are unpredictable.
• Assessing patient condition and needs based on interviews, interaction and direct observation, developing and implementing therapeutic patient treatment/care/discharge plans.
• Developing therapeutic nurse-patient relationships utilizing nursing and other theoretical or practice frameworks i.e., psychosocial rehabilitation, counselling, health teaching, administering and monitoring medication, and teaching life skills in preparation for community reintegration
• Observing, assessing, recording, and reporting patient condition; evaluating progress and modifying plans as appropriate; assessing patient risk to self-and/or others; participating in quality improvement activities to facilitate changes in nursing practice and inter-professional care.
• Contributing to a safe, therapeutic environment through adherence to the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards, program/facility-wide policies and procedures, including mandatory training
• Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario, a valid CPR/AED Level HCP certification completed within the last 12 months and First Aid, with a preference for CNA certification in psychiatric/mental health nursing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with medical and mental health nursing theory and practice
• Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with medication practices, side effects, and current treatment modalities, knowledge of mental health medications an asset
• Specialized education/training in forensics, dual diagnosis, gerontology, and/or addictions considered an asset.
• Recent mental health nursing and/or forensic experience in a mental health facility or service is preferred, including familiarity with the recovery philosophy, and trauma informed care.
• Experience with patient safety including emergency patient care procedures.
• Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results.
• Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to adapt readily to change.
• Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude.
• Preference for proficiency in French/English language
• You must meet the requirements of our COVID-19 Immunization Policy by providing proof of full vaccination, or a request and receipt of an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code, including a medical exemption.
How do I apply?
Waypoint employees apply through the Employee Self-Service portal at https://employees.waypointcentre.ca and external applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team by quoting Job ID WC22-388. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity, what employment type you are interested in (permanent, temporary or both) and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified. Please note that this position will remain open until closed.
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and workplace well-being. As such, applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds such as First Nations, Inuit, Metis, members of a visible minority group and those with lived experience of mental health problems or illnesses are welcomed and encouraged. Waypoint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Jobs in Penetanguishene Canada
Registered Nurse Penetanguishene jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.