Concorde International England United Kingdom
2 months ago
EFL / TEFL Teacher Summer Schools in Kent and Bath
Various dates from 18/06/2023 to 27/08/2023
From £334.56 to £550.96 per week
About Concorde International
Concorde International has been welcoming international students from all over the world for more than 50 years and is committed to providing high quality service and academic standards. We are now recruiting qualified EFL / TEFL English teachers.
Essential Requirements for EFL / TEFL English Teachers
• A recognised EFL / TEFL teaching qualification such as RSA / Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent (Qualification must contain at least 100 hours of ELT/TESOL input, minimum 6 hours supervised teaching practice and must be externally validated by a reputable examination body) or PGCE in relevant subjects, BEd, QTS or overseas equivalent.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK (we cannot assist in any way with work permits or visas)
• University degree or overseas equivalent
• Native or very... near-native competency in English
• Knowledge of the summer school location for which you are applying
• Previous teaching experience with teenagers and young learners, especially with multinational classes
• Previous experience working in a summer school environment
EFL / TEFL English Teacher Knowledge
We are looking for high standards from all our teachers in the following areas which will be assessed at interview;
• English grammar, idiomatic expressions and use of language
• Effective classroom management & discipline
• Ability to correctly model and drill vocabulary and structures using a variety of methods with an emphasis on achieving accurate pronunciation and intonation
• Utilising a wide variety of TEFL engaging, student-centered teaching methodology
• Focus on student errors and correct appropriately, in particular L1 interference
• Ability to provide clear and well-ordered instructions
• Efficient at planning and adapting lessons
• Organised approach to teacher administration and record keeping
Academic Duties for English Teachers (20 hours teaching + weekly workshop)
• You will report to the management team in your centre
• You will teach 20 hours per week according to the academic schedule in your centre.
• The Academic Manager will provide a weekly syllabus and resources
• Basic teacher administration (such as lesson plans, schemes of work, reports & student forms) will be completed to a high standard and on time
• It is crucial that you attend all meetings for information, updates and clarification.
• Weekly paid EFL / TEFL Teacher Development Workshop is compulsory
• Guidelines set out in more detail in the Teacher’s Handbook
Activities (15 hours in Residential centres, 11 hours non-residential)
• Teachers can choose 20-hour teaching only contracts or teaching + activities
• The Activity Manager / Centre Manager will inform you of the weekly rota
• All activities and excursions are pre-planned
• Range of activities including sports, drama, art, excursions, quizzes and games
• You will familiarise yourself with, understand, and adhere to Concorde International’s Safeguarding Policy.
• ID badges will be worn at all times.
• You will follow the advice given to you concerning Health and Safety regulations in order to safeguard students, colleagues and visitors to the site.
• You will perform your duties in a professional manner and dress appropriately for your position. You will also maintain a high standard of behaviour, setting an example of sobriety, and treating all students fairly, with due attention to propriety. It is a fundamental principle of Concorde Intl. that students learn best in a relaxed, friendly and participatory environment, and you will promote this atmosphere both inside and outside the classroom.
• Summer centres are very busy places and there may be duties to perform in addition to those detailed above. Flexibility and common sense are fundamental attributes for this position.
Duties at Residential Centres
• All staff on EFL / TEFL Teacher Plus Activities contracts can be allocated to residential duties to include meal time and break time supervision.
• EFL / TEFL Teachers provided with accommodation are reminded that the main purpose of employing residential staff is to provide security and welfare for our residential students.
• Residential EFL / TEFL Teachers are employed to work 15 hours of activities and/or excursions per week, some of which will include residential duties (break and quiet time supervision, bed times and on occasion, laundry assistance). This will be included on the rota.
• Residential offset allowance of £60.90 per week will be deducted from your weekly total pay
All rates of pay for EFL / TEFL teachers include a development & planning workshop as detailed in the following section
Teaching Only (20 Hours Teaching)
Teaching Only (TEFL I) £334.66
Teaching Only (TEFL Q) £394.66
Teaching + Activities (Non Residential - 20 hours teaching + 11 Hours of Activities)
Teaching + Activities (TEFL I) £449.28
Teaching + Activities (TEFL Q) £509.28
Teaching + Activities (Residential - 20 hours teaching + 15 hours of Activities)
Teaching + Activities (TEFL I) £490.96
Teaching + Activities (TEFL Q) £550.96
Teacher Inductions and Meetings
All English teachers will need to attend a full-day academic induction and half-day site induction prior to the commencement of the course.
The inductions are paid at 11 hours X £10.42 per hour, total £114.62 paid at the end of your contract.
There is a compulsory Teacher Development and Planning Workshop each week paid at 3 hours X £10.42 per hour per week.
The teaching rate allows for staff to be at school at least 15 mins prior to starting teaching in order to attend any short meetings, collect notices, collect students as needed, and to check the classroom is ready for teaching. The teaching rate includes lesson preparation time, minimal marking, and associated academic administration (e.g. schemes of work, writing reports etc.).
Teachers will accrue paid holiday entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum pro-rata to be either taken off during your contractual period or at the end of your contract.
• Concorde International is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
• If you are applying from outside of the UK, please note that Concorde International is unable to assist in any way with work permits or visas.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: £334.66-£550.96 per week
• Do you have a recognised EFFL / TEFL teaching qualification such as RSA / Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert TESOL or equivalent (Qualification must contain at least 100 hours of ELT/TESOL input, minimum 6 hours supervised teaching practice and must be externally validated by a reputable examination body) or PGCE in relevant subjects, BEd, QTS or overseas equivalent.
• Do you have a University degree or overseas equivalent?
• United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Kent and Bath
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3 months
Salary: Up to £551.00 per week
• Employee mentoring programme
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
• Loyalty bonus
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 18/06/2023
Jobs in England United Kingdom
TEFL English Teacher England jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.