Deakin University Burwood VIC Australia
2 months ago
• Flexible location, Burwood or Waurn Ponds
• Full-time, continuing position
• HEW 8 - $105,612 - $120,918 + 17% Superannuation
Founded in 1974, Deakin is a public university in Victoria with 61,000 students across five campuses: Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, Warrnambool, and the online Campus. We are a progressive and open-minded university, with the highest student satisfaction in Victoria and consistently ranked in the top 1% of the world’s universities.
Education Analytics is responsible for delivering actionable insights that inform and influence Deakin University’s strategic decision making relating to unit and course delivery. This position uses a range of internal and external data sources and data acquisition methodologies to deliver data, reports and visualisations that inform strategic advice, and impact operational outcomes. This position includes the development of predictive analytic processes relating to student data as well as providing... strategic insights and stakeholder engagement in accordance with the requirements of the business and planning activities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Identifying, analysing and reporting on student, unit and course performance data from within the University, and external sources to support strategic decision making and operational activities relating to student performance
• Analysing problems, weighing up a range of options to identify accessible and inclusive solutions and translating complex issues into clear and understandable goals and targets for Deakin
• Developing, maintaining and using a variety of systems, processes, diverse range of people and sources to gather information and gain deeper understanding and make critical strategic decisions
• Establishing systems and procedures to guide work and track progress and strive for excellence and continually evaluate progress and effectively overcomes barriers to achieve outcomes
• Integrating multiple data sources to seek trends and analyse issues from diverse perspectives
• Using accepted theory and practices to develop and deploy continuous improvement actions to ensure implementation of continuous improvement strategies in own work area
• Promoting teamwork and providing tailored coaching to enable individuals to deliver high quality solutions and the achievement of goals
• Using the understanding of client context to anticipate needs, tailoring services, improving service offering and ensuring a high-quality outcome by addressing client feedback and setting service standards
• Navigating appropriate course of action, gain agreement on preferred approach and prepare advice (information, materials and recommendations) to meet specific stakeholder style and requirements
To be successful, you’ll have:
Qualifications and experience
• An equivalent combination or relevant experience and/or education/training
• Experience working within a large scale and complex organisation
• Experience of manipulating and visualising data to provide compelling business insights, gathering, documenting and managing user requirements
• Experience designing effective solutions to complex business and technical problems including the use of machine learning techniques and/or big data
• Preferred experience in tools such as SQL, Cognos, Tableau, Power BI, SPSS, Alteryx, R or Python.
• Knowledge of data warehousing techniques and using these alongside other data sources to support the tools above.
For a copy of the position description, please see our Deakin Careers website: https://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/careers-at-deakin.
Applications for this position close on 09/04/2023.
Successful applicants will need to comply with vaccination mandates imposed by the relevant state/territory government. Applicants who attend third-party sites to undertake University activities will also be required to comply with any other directions or requirements in place at the third-party location.
• Infrequent work outside business hours is required (e.g., work at evening or weekend events is required)
• Working with Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure)
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Stephen Marshall, Senior Manager - Education Analytics at [email protected].
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic, and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders
Burwood VIC Australia
Senior Data Analyst Burwood VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.