Marsh McLennan Tokyo Japan
4 days ago
Celent is a division of Oliver Wyman and one of the world’s leading fintech research and advisory firms. We exist to understand how emerging technologies are positioned to disrupt the financial services sector, influencing the creation of new propositions and business models. Against this aim, we help financial intuitions make more confident technology investment decisions.
We do this through delivering a range of services, including a retained advice model that provides access to our team, primary research, knowledge-base, and digital tool-set (VendorMatch); and short high-impact strategy consulting, working with clients on specific opportunities within their business.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In joining Celent, you place yourself at the center of the fintech ecosystem, sitting between financial institutions, technology solution providers and private capital. You thrive within a global team of like-minded analysts where collegiality and personal learning through... experience are valued. Working with financial institutions from over 30 countries, you are a fintech scout, a trusted advisor, a skilled and curious researcher, and an expert communicator.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Conduct your own leading-edge impactful and timely research into emerging technology use by financial institutions, learning and developing your market expertise as you go, scouting for innovative fintech solutions, expanding your network, and managing performance against individual goals.
• Help shape and deliver against our client technology research agenda for the Asian financial services sector (with a focus on Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong), engaging with clients and the team to understand their requirements for unique and innovative content that is in-demand and thought provoking.
• Help to scope and deliver short and impactful client consulting engagements; working directly with the client to navigate, make sense of, and conduct due diligence on fintech solutions
• Leverage the experience and learnings from the wider Celent team, applying and developing it further for Asian markets.
• Work closely with business development and client service teams to identify further opportunities for growth and to achieve higher levels of existing client satisfaction.
• Become a brand ambassador for Celent, developing and promoting a leading market profile as a fintech strategy influencer.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
You are driven to explore the potential business value of emerging technologies / fintech within the financial services sector, with a keen interest in how the market structure and technology solution landscape will evolve. You are energetic and able to evidence a high degree of curiosity in how emerging technologies shape propositions and business models across financial services.
You bring fresh ideas to clients linked to areas of new demand, consisting of fresh primary research on emerging technologies / fintech, data collection and curation, and engaging presentations against major research and short high-impact strategy consulting.
It is likely that you are already performing a business technology strategy, architecture or change/project management role in an innovative technology area within financial services (banking, insurance or capital markets), or as an advisor to the industry.
You are an excellent communicator and comfortable with building trusted relationships across the financial services sector, at levels from practitioner level through to C-level.
• Excellent academic credentials from a top university.
• MBAs or other advanced degrees (MS, PhD, etc.), in or with option in data or computer science is preferred.
• 6+ years’ experience in either the banking, capital markets or the insurance sector, with responsibility for technology strategy or delivery; or
• 6+ years’ experience in a management consulting firm, technology consultancy or other research & advisory firm working within the sector
Skill and expertise:
• Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas of technology and their relationship to financial services
• Commercial experience, with a collaborative approach to problem solving, and the ability to work in a global, culturally diverse environment
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Strong understanding of research methods, qualitative and quantitative
• A working knowledge of financial services technology solutions
• Ability to work independently
• Growing public profile and reputation, with strong public speaking and facilitation skills
• Fluency in Japanese and business level of English; other languages a plus
Celent - Financial Technology Researcher - Tokyo, Japan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.