Morgan Stanley Stockholm Sweden
1 week ago
Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division is looking for a Associate to join our Nordics IBD coverage team, based in Stockholm.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
About The Team
The Investment Banking / M&A Team is responsible for structuring and executing a wide range of complex domestic and international transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, IPOs... capital raisings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, spin-offs, exchange offers, leveraged buyouts and defenses against unsolicited takeover attempts. The team also establishes and maintains strategic dialogues with existing and potential clients, provides financial advice and assists clients in achieving short- and long-term strategic objectives. The Team is oriented to provide the best solution for each individual client, and works closely with Industry Teams and other Product Group Areas to best serve clients.
About the Role
Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world's largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. Responsibilities will include:
• Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory).
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
• Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
• Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture.
• Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups.
• Top class Master's degree or overseas equivalent in or related to finance from a leading university
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Familiarity with the sector and corporate landscape is desirable
• Fluent in English and either Swedish, Danish or Finnish
• Strong analytical and modelling skills - these are critical to success as an Associate
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents
Investment Banking Division - Scandinavia Coverage - Associate Stockholm jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.