Aga Khan University
Aga Khan University Karachi Pakistan
2 months ago
Research Associate, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Entity: Medical College
The Aga Khan University was found in 1983 as Pakistan’s first private university, Aga Khan University is a not-for-profit institution and an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. Starting in 2000, the University expanded to Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, United Kingdom and Afghanistan. AKU began life as a health-sciences university.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at The Aga Khan University is a unique/distinguish establishment which serves the clinical laboratory of Aga Khan University Hospital with academic interest. This department is heavily engaged in undergraduate, postgraduate and technologist training programs. It provides professional training for higher degree in four major areas of Pathology (Chemical Pathology, Hematology, Histopathology, and Microbiology). Currently, there are approximately 61 Faculty, including 3 part time, 2 visiting faculty members, and... 41 Residents.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Research Associate Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. This study will aim to investigate SARS-CoV-2 genomic epidemiology and also immunological profiles of patients with COVID-19. This would help understand virus and host markers associated with favorable or unfavorable disease outcomes.
This is a grant-funded contractual position.
You will be responsible to:
• ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of sample recruitment & data collection activities.
• work in close coordination with the Principal Investigator (PI).
• recruit and enrolling participants for the study.
• obtain and filling patient consent form.
• have experience in molecular microbiology, working with cell and virus cultures
• be able to conduct molecular biology studies, experience with sequencing and data analysis
• conduct experiments, devise instrumentation & techniques to record & collect test results.
• develop new concepts, methods & techniques to solve scientific problems.
• analyze theories & research findings to determine applications.
• prepare write-up of the results, manuscripts of paper & presentation.
You should have:
• PhD/Master’s in science
• 2 to 3 years of related work experience
• good research skills
• training & knowledge of Biosafety for working with infectious pathogens
• strong communication and interpersonal skills
• good English language competency (written and oral)
• ability to work independently
Research Associate, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Karachi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.