Arcadis Atlanta GA Georgia
2 months ago
Arcadis seeks an experienced Party Chief to join our Survey team to manage all field aspects of projects and work closely in collaboration with a dynamic team of experienced professionals...
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis seeks an experienced Party Chief to join our Survey team to manage all field aspects of projects and work closely in collaboration with a dynamic team of experienced professionals. You should have experience with a variety of survey field equipment (GPS, Robotics, Total Stations, Field Data Collection), have a valid drivers' license, and have superior communication skills with a detail-oriented approach. Ideally you will be based out of the Atlanta, GA area with the ability to work on projects in TN, NC, SC, and VA.
• Supervise the work of the survey crew, evaluate priorities, coordinate and organize the work efforts and the maintenance of instruments and equipment.
• Supervise the standard of work being performed and derive the necessary field calculations from work completed.
• Ensure that angles, distances, and other collected in formation are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
• Coordinate findings of the work with engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
• Locate, review and research job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the survey.
• Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for survey determine methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
• Keep accurate notes, records, sketches to describe work performed, complete daily logs and expense reports.
• Complete company and/or client safety forms and make sure all crew members are following safety procedures
• Familiarity with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling required.
• Familiarity with and proficiency in the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods.
• Working from extreme heights up to 200 feet high.
• Working on water from a boat.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 8 or more years' relevant experience in surveying, with at least 1 years' experience leading a survey crew.
• Experience working on DOT projects
• Familiarity with post processing and downloading survey data from data collectors.
• Strong leadership skills, work ethic, and team-player attitude
• Strong technical, documentation, and organizational skills.
• Will report directly to field crew supervisor
• No fear of extreme heights.
• Boating Experience
• Experience with all forms of LEICA equipment including GPS, Robotic Total Stations, Conventional Total Stations and Digital Levels.
• Working with instruments to gather data via terrestrial laser scanning.
• FAA Part 107 UAS License
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
Atlanta GA USA
Survey Party Chief Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.