City of Vaughan
City of Vaughan Vaughan Canada
2 months ago
CITIZENS FIRST THROUGH SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We have an exciting Full-time Non-Unionized opportunity in the Infrastructure Planning and Corporate Asset Management Department for an experienced and motivated individual
Transportation Project Manager/Transportation Engineer
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground – the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a state-of-the-art hospital opened its doors in 2021 – the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and a bustling subway, exciting projects are transforming the community. Be a part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s... Top Employers for 2022, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Responsible for implementing the Transportation Master Plan and other related projects and policies; reviewing transportation planning and policy impacts of official plans, secondary plans and major development applications; working with and/or maintaining the City’s Travel Demand Forecasting Model; leading environmental assessment studies, area-wide transportation studies, active transportation feasibility studies and transportation guideline / policy projects; conducting and/or reviewing transportation analysis to identify, evaluate and assess proposed transportation infrastructure improvements to support the expansion and improvements of the City’s transportation system; reviewing and coordinating internal City comments on third party projects led by York Region, Metrolinx, MTO and others.
Qualifications and experience:
• Successful completion of a University Degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science or Planning from an accredited university or suitable equivalent.
• A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Registered Professional Planner (RPP)
• Possesses a minimum of five (5) years experience in various aspects of transportation infrastructure planning, analysis and/or policy development, including demonstrated ability to manage complex projects.
• Certification as a Project Manager Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute as asset.
• Working knowledge of traffic and transportation engineering and design principles and applications.
• Thorough working knowledge of the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act and capital budgeting; including progressive experience in planning, design and management skills to lead a project or work group, organize numerous tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of transportation planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and legislation, GTA context and roles of different levels of government.
• Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as proficiency with specialized software applications and techniques relevant to the technical specialty.
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills on technical and non-technical matters. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the Public, Staff, Members of Council, Consultants and the Development Industry.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in the City’s core competencies and functional core competencies.
• Valid Class “G” Ontario license in good standing with a reliable vehicle when required, to utilized for City business.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health and wellness, including fitness facilities and family-focused benefits.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by March 23, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised, the City of Vaughan uses email to communicate with applicants for open job competitions. The City of Vaughan has implemented a mandatory vaccine policy for all its employees. The City will comply with its human rights obligations, make exceptions for applicable medical conditions and accommodate employees legally entitled to accommodation.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs
Transportation Project Manager/Transportation Engineer Vaughan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.