Butterfield Davies London United Kingdom
2 months ago
This FTSE 250 company financial technology business is looking to recruit an experienced and self-motived Assistant Company Secretary to join their collaborative team to cover maternity leave for a 16 month contract.
The role manages the board support function all the UK and Isle of Man companies in the Group as well as, when required, providing company secretarial support and assistance to the Australian entities within the Group on governance and employee share scheme matters. Working closely with the Head of Legal duties you will also manage and oversee the activities of the two Company Secretarial Assistants.
Key area of responsibilities will include:
• Meetings - Manage and maintain the corporate calendar; Diarise, prepare and file all required statutory filings; Prepare and circulate notices of AGM’s, GM’s board and committee meetings; Diarise and arrange all board and committee meetings; Prepare and distribute invitations, meeting packs and action lists... Prepare accurate minutes.
• Directors - Ensure all changes in directorships are notified to and registered; Liaise with Non-Executive Directors; Maintain the PSC register for each applicable company; Maintain the concert party register.
• Articles of Association - Register all amendments to the Companies' articles of association; Advise the Boards and Committees of the provisions of the Articles of Association.
• Subsidiary Companies & Board Committees - Ensure that adequate and relevant information is given to the holding company by all the subsidiary companies.
• Report & Accounts - Co-ordinate the preparation and submission to the relevant Board, the annual report and accounts; Ensure accounts are approved and signed off by the external auditors; Submit the annual report and accounts.
• MAR, DTR and Listing Rule Compliance - Ensure all RNS releases are made as required - Ensure all PDMR dealing notifications are made on receipt from the PDMR/PCA - Ensure all closed period notifications are made - Ensure the insider register is maintained at all times
• Statutory Registers & Returns - Submit all relevant registrations and returns to companies house; Maintain the company books for all companies in the Group
• DTR returns for the Group - Oversee the daily review of IFAL, ILUK and ILInt dealing in listed assets and file such reports as are required with the FCA and issuer; Oversee the daily review of Takeover Panel notification
Shareholder & Registrar Dealings
• Dividends - Oversee shareholder requests for dividend history, the resolution of dividend queries and manage the dividend settlement process; prepare and communicate the dividend correspondence for 2005/7 SIP scheme participants
• Prepare and circulate of notices of AGM’s, GM’s board and committee meetings; arrange logistics; Prepare minutes
Shares & Shareholders
• Manage the relationship with and oversee the performance of the Registrar;
• Manage the 2005/7 SIP register and all communication with the participants.
• Manage the relationship with the 2018 SIP Trustee
• Manage the relationship with the 2018 EBT Trustee and ensure all awards under the 2018 SIP & EBT are issued and administered in accordance with the requirements of the plan rules, trust deeds and the Remuneration Committee Terms of Reference.
• 5 years minimum of Listed Company Secretariat experience
• Able to manage two more junior members of staff and develop their careers and knowledge.
• Regulated financial services experience in investment and / or insurance business
• Knowledge of the Corporate Governance Code.
• Knowledge of the Listing Rules, Disclosure & Transparency Rules and the Market Abuse Rules
• ICSA qualified
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to engage at an executive management level
• Highly organised, proactive, technically and technologically competent.
• Practical knowledge, understanding and application of the UK legal and regulatory environment as it relates to the financial services industry
• Practical knowledge, understanding and application of the FSA handbook of rules and guidance
• Experience advising businesses operating in the Isle of Man Attributes
• Life company experience
• Experience advising businesses operating in the Isle of Man
The role duration is for 16 months with the choice of working a full week or 4 days.
If this is of interest, and you are looking for your next career move, please get in touch with Tanya via LinkedIn.
We appreciate your time taken in making your application with us and aim to acknowledge it within 48 hours of receiving. If, however, you do not hear back within the above period then unfortunately your application has not been successful and your confidential particulars will no longer remain with us. With the best will in the world we would love to reply to each and every applicant, however, please bear in mind, due to high demand, this will not always be possible. We wish you all the best in your further pursuits.
Please be aware that the use of PQE and salary brackets in our advertisements are solely to be used as guidance only. The PQE range stated is purely a guide. We will consider candidates that fall outside of this range if they can strongly demonstrate the required competencies
Assistant Company Secretary Interim London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.