kmartaustr Mulgrave VIC Australia
2 months ago
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
This is a great time to join the Kmart Family as we journey to make everyday living brighter for our customers
Our teams are doing great things & taking our apparel categories to a whole new... level! To assist us in getting there we need an incredible Planner to support us on this journey.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Planner to join the Active team where we pride ourselves on our high performing, fast paced culture. You’ll be working alongside a fun and supportive team with a focus on collaboration, positive vibes and driving results. Our Apparel departments are multi-product categories with opportunity to accelerate sales within a trending product area.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Planner working for Kmart, your role is vital to ensure we have the right stock in the right place at the right time whilst understanding the Kmart customer, improving inventory efficiencies, and delivering overall commercial outcomes towards the Kmart strategy. In this particular role, you will also have 1 direct report so would love to have someone who is passionate about coaching, mentoring and sharing their knowledge.
Some of the key responsibilities are (but not limited to):
• Managing the merchandise financial plan to achieve sales, profit, stockturn and ROI budgets
• Delivering key profit objectives through innovation, customer orientation, inventory management and analysis
• Establish strategies to satisfy the target customer in line with merchandise strategy
• Trading your business to maximise every opportunity and minimise risks
• Control a significant Open to Buy
• Forecasting stock requirements to maximise revenue, margin and stock turn performance
• Working collaboratively with your buyer and the broader team
To be successful in this role:
We're looking for a commercially savvy individual who will bring a curious and data-driven mind-set as well as a passion for all things Retail! You love focussing on product, customers are always front of mind and building and managing relationships with a variety of key stakeholders is one of your strengths. We'd also love you to have:
• Strong commercial acumen and numerical skills, high levels of attention to detail.
• Ability to observe, interpret and act upon trends in customer behaviour.
• Highly inquisitive, self-driven with strong organisation skills.
• Ability to develop accurate financial plans, assortment plans that are relevant to the customer and deliver financial outcomes.
• Quantification of individual products over time.
• Ability to articulate observations, reasons for actions taken and high levels of persuasiveness.
• Proficient with business intelligence tools, Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business, Commerce or Retail related degree
Benefits we’ll offer you:
• Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
• A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
• A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
• Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
• We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
• Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
• We offer inclusive parental leave and ongoing support offered though our partnership with Circle In for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances
• A dynamic learning and support program
• Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
• In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
• A reflection room that can be used for prayer, meditation, or time for you
• A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
• Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
• Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing [email protected]
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
Mulgrave VIC Australia
Jobs in Mulgrave VIC Australia
Planner - Active Apparel Mulgrave VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.