SPH Media Limited
SPH Media Limited Singapore Singapore
2 months ago
The Straits Times, an English flagship daily of SPH Media, has been serving readers for more than a century. Its comprehensive coverage of world news, East Asian news, Southeast Asian news, home news, sports news, financial news and lifestyle updates make The Straits Times the most-read newspaper in Singapore.
As a Business Journalist / Correspondent, you will develop, report, write and produce content on a wide range of topics, especially those related to finance, economy, jobs and companies, for The Straits Times and all its news platforms. You are required to present your articles in an organised and interesting way to educate and entertain our readers. In addition to cultivating strong contacts and networks, you need to be able to spot and analyse trends as well as look for exclusive stories.
You will be required to interview newsmakers, attend press conferences and major events to cover newsworthy stories. Apart from print copies, you will also have the opportunity to... contribute towards online platforms, such as video reports, podcasts and other visual storytelling formats.
• Degree from a recognised university with relevant experience in journalism and / or content creation
• Excellent command of English and strong writing skills
• Enthusiasm, independence, resourcefulness and the ability to work under pressure
• Good news sense with a good understanding of online and mobile readership and surfing patterns
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
• Some background or an interest in start-ups, economy and financial markets is a plus point
• Knowledge of digital technology such as web programming, web design, digital interactive, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Drupal CMS is an advantage but not critical
• Willingness to be rostered on weekends and / or public holidays
Business Journalist / Correspondent, The Straits Times Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.