Geneva Healthcare Gisborne New Zealand
2 months ago
Support Worker | Gisborne
Do you have experience with Medically Fragile Children? - This is the role for you!
Geneva Healthcare is New Zealand’s trusted experts in aged care, illness, injury & disability support. Through our Homecare department, our Support Workers are able to support our client’s recovery in the comfort of their own home. When you join our Geneva family you will have the benefits of access to an extensive training system, along with the ability to work towards NZQA qualifications free of charge.
We are currently searching for a team of Support Workers to help care for our Medically Fragile twins in Gisborne. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker to progress their career further, as well as a rewarding role where you will not only make a difference in our client’s life but also their families. You will receive extensive theoretical and practical training for the competencies needed for this role.
If you are... willing to travel around Gisborne, are experienced in healthcare or have previous experience working with children. Then this is the job for you!
• All aspects of tracheostomy care, including emergency management, daily cares- suctioning, tie change and tube changes
• Assist parents in attending follow up appointments both at home and clinic setting
• Provide for overnight night cares
• Healthcare qualification required
• Be able to spend around a month on the ward with the twins to undergo training before they are transitioned home for night time support.
• Healthcare experience with children or medical training is essential
• Be able to complete an online component via MYSKILL for skills required such as suctioning and tracheostomy care.
• Need to complete a Child specific First Aid course
• Must have a clean and valid driver’s license & own transport
• Must be eligible to work in NZ
• Subject to clean police clearance check
Why choose Geneva Healthcare?
Geneva Healthcare is a healthcare organisation that works closely with ACC, the Ministry of Health and DHBs to provide personalised care to clients in their own homes and to assist them in achieving the best quality of life.
• FREE ongoing NZQA equivalent qualifications in Health and Wellbeing
• FREE EAP service anytime you might need counselling support and advice
• FREE mobile phone
• Ongoing support provided by a dedicated career coach for your career growth
• Travel reimbursement between your clients
• $2 per hour weekend allowance
Apply NOW if you want to make a difference in people’s lives today!
Submit your CV online by clicking the apply button or call Jag on 0800 266 577 ext. 89822 for further information.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Gisborne New Zealand
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.