Health 2000+ Limited
Health 2000+ Limited Auckland New Zealand
2 months ago
Casual Peer Support Specialist
Wise Group Papatoetoe, Auckland Aged & Disability Support (Community Services & Development) Contract/Temp $22.49 - $28.25 p.h. Pathways | Mō mātou
Transforming mental health and addictions through fostering strong, compassionate, self-supporting communities.
What we offer | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou * New competitive hourly rates
• Ongoing training and support in your role and career
• Flexible work arrangements
• Great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its purpose.
• Supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued, and new solutions are the norm!
• EAP support services
The Role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
Casual roles are to cover leave for permanent Peer Support Workers - the hours of work are not regular and are offered when they become available. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you will work across a variety of services.
Day Shifts: 7.00am - 3.30pm (across all... services)
Afternoon shifts: 3.30pm - 11.30pm (24 hour services)
Night shifts (8 hour awake): 11.00pm - 7.30am
You'll be reporting to the Team Coach and joining our Pathways Auckland peer-led support team, this is a service that is an alternative to a hospital admission and can house up to 12 guests, working in a team of 14 peer support specialists - all with a common purpose to support people experiencing mental illness.
You | Mōu:
We are interested to hear from people who have a caring nature and work in a recovery focused way, you will be able to provide medication support for our people and have impeccable attention to detail.
You'll also have: * A current peer employment training certificate and WRAP.
• Applicants must hold the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (NZCHW) or a recognised equivalent. Alternatively, you will commence study towards this within six months of starting your employment with Pathways. This needs to be completed within two years of commencement. Pathways offers significant support for support workers to complete this study.
• A current first aid certificate or be willing to obtain one.
• You'll have Intentional Peer Support training
• Has a working knowledge of the peer competencies
• Knowledge of, and demonstrable commitment to, the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Closing Date: Tuesday, 12th April 2023. *Please note, this role may close early if a suitable candidate is found.*
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/PW-Peer-Support-Specialist.pdf
Contact: Chris McMullen, Team Coach on 027 551 8112
• For further information, visit our website www.pathways.co.nz*
• All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.
Note: The Criminal History Check is Exempt from The Clean Slate Act. In other words, the Clean Slate Act does not apply to this position. Please declare any offences (even outside 7 years) in your application.
Some health and disability sector employers may require workers to be vaccinated. This is because workers come into close contact with people likely to get seriously ill if they get COVID-19. Having undertaken a thorough health and safety analysis regarding Covid-19, we have determined that vaccination is required for our workforce (two primary doses and at least one booster).
Pathways are committed to healthy lifestyles and actively supports a smoke-free environment. We encourage people with experience with mental illness to apply
Auckland New Zealand
Casual Peer Support Specialist Auckland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.