Katy ISD Katy TX United States
2 months ago
Reports to: Instructional Officer for Psychological Services
Duty Days: 197...
Wage/Hours Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: $155.00/day-intern Masters Program
$180.00/day-intern Doctoral Program
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in school psychology, educational psychology, or related field.
• Currently enrolled in a graduate program for students pursuing a Specialist, Masters, or Doctorate Degree in School Psychology.
• Established readiness for enrollment in the university's designated internship experience, course, curriculum, and academic training leading to licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
• Effective/efficient oral and written communication skills.
• Minimum one-year practicum experience providing psychological services in a school setting.
To provide interns with the training and experiences necessary to become familiar with the LSSP role in a large school district through the application of knowledge gained from their graduate program. The LSSP Intern provides a range of services on a school campus under the supervision of a qualified licensed professional. Serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary team for the campus/campuses to which they are assigned.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
Under the supervision of a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology who meets the Texas State Board of Psychologist’s supervisor requirements, the LSSP Intern will:
• Participate in weekly intern trainings and supervision.
• Document internship hours as required by the intern’s university.
• Provide consultation to parents, campus and district staff.
• Provide group and/or individual counseling to those students who demonstrate a need for this service.
• Assist in determining appropriate interventions to deal with problem situations (behavioral/emotional) in the academic environment and assist in evaluating the effectiveness of these interventions.
• Observe and consult with teachers/staff to provide classroom management strategies.
• Conduct evaluations of students who demonstrate significant social and/or behavioral needs to determine appropriate programming/placement.
• Co-facilitate group counseling with campus counselors, counseling/SSP interns, or other appropriately trained personnel.
• Assist campuses with collaborative and 504 conferences.
• Provide recommendations to teachers, other staff members, and parents for behavioral management techniques or strategies for working with a student with behavioral needs.
• Provide crisis intervention services and participate on campus threat assessment teams as needed.
• Assist in conducting Functional Behavior Assessment and/or writing behavior intervention plans and individual education plans.
• Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal meetings as appropriate.
• Maintain current knowledge of diagnostic, legislative, and treatment issues which impact the delivery of school psychological services.
• Provide inservice training to other departments or personnel as requested.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, parents, and community members through positive communication.
• Participate in campus/district professional development and meetings.
• Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical & responsible.
• Follow all district, state, and federal policies and procedures.
• Commit to current professional standards of competence and practice.
Computer, printer, copier, and other emerging technologies which are particularly unique to the assignment. Instructional and productivity software, as required by the assignment.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Varied stressful interpersonal situations and crisis management. Utilize nonviolent crisis intervention techniques. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Moderate lifting and carrying 15-44 pounds weekly. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and hauling materials for counseling and testing.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required
Katy TX USA
Anticipated Vacancies - Licensed Specialist in School Psychology... Katy jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.