Baker Charter Schools
Baker Charter Schools Baker City OR United States
2 months ago
Student Support Services
School Psychologist/Behavior Support Specialist/Diagnostician (Grades K -12)
Under the general supervision of the Special Education Administrator, to assist students, teachers and parents in enabling students to derive the fullest potential educational experience from school by promoting positive self esteem and resilience, and providing suggested methods and plans for overcoming psychological or mental health problems.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
• Conducts psychological assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to maximize learning and overcoming psychological issues.
• Conducts individual, group or facilitative therapy for students whose diagnosed problems would benefit from behavior modification or differentiated instruction.
• Assists with the identification and placement of all types of exceptional students.
• Coordinates with administrators and other teaching staff members to ascertain individual student's abilities and needs, including students with special needs, and to familiarize stakeholders with psychological services.
• Attends SST meetings as needed for students with special needs.
• Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships.
• Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
• Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
• Selects and requisitions appropriate books, aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to testing locations, school offices, and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of child psychology principles, assessments, methods, behavior modification, etc., and current developments in child psychology.
• Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
• Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
• Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
• Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
• Professionally certified/licesned in the State of Oregon (TSPC and/or OBLPC)
• Oregon State Certification as a School Psychologist, highly preferred
• Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation.
• Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
• Masters Degree in Psychology highly preferred
• Ph.D. in Psychology preferred.
Successful prior experience as a school psychologist/behavior support specialist/diagnostician is preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Baker City OR USA
Jobs in Baker City OR United States
School Psychologist/Behavior Support Specialist/Diagnostician Baker City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.