Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan Dublin Ireland
2 months ago
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is looking to recruit an environmental scientist with a minimum of three years' experience and proven professional experience in environmental planning and assessment for a permanent position within our expanding environmental team.
Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Santry, Dublin 17
About the role
As a member of ROD’s growing environmental team, you will be involved in the management and delivery of projects for our well-established client base in Ireland and the UK. The role provides an exciting opportunity for you to influence the design and planning of major projects and plans while also offering significant potential for professional development and advancement.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work within planning and design teams and be able to demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, determination and a willingness to learn and grow professionally.
About our environmental team
Our... environmental team is driven by highly qualified and enthusiastic environmental scientists, engineers, hydrologists, ecologists and town planners.
With a strong multidisciplinary team approach to project delivery across the company, we maintain a full and varied project load that includes some of the most exciting infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Ireland and the UK.
Current projects include:
• DART+ West
• Waterford City Public Infrastructure Project
• A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme
• National Children's Hospital Satellite Centres
• Dodder Greenway
• enhancing Motorway Operation Services
• The work will involve all aspects of environmental consultancy, with a primary focus on Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs) and Appropriate Assessments (AAs)
• Provision of day-to-day environmental advice to our other business streams
• Preparation and/or input into environmental reports, AAs and Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) in support of planning applications
• Management of projects from inception to completion, including interaction with project stakeholders, clients and other project team members, both internal and external
• Collaborative work with clients, colleagues, and external consultants
• Liaison with county councils, An Bord Pleanála and other statutory bodies as required
• Attendance at client, project team and other stakeholder meetings
• Project management of a multidisciplinary teams of professionals
• Mentoring of junior staff
• Relevant planning/environmental science qualification (BSc, BA, MSc)
• Minimum of three plus years' professional experience in environmental consulting and planning, including in EIA, SEA and environmental planning
• Knowledge of relevant software, including MS office, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent communication, report writing and presentational skills
• Self-motivation, attention to detail and commitment to high-quality delivery
• Capability to respond to tight reporting requirements, deadlines and internal reporting arrangements
• Strong interpersonal skills
• The ability to work as part of a team
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies with a growing presence in the UK. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We also provide a Chartership Support Programme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired
Environmental Scientist Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.