Optiver Sydney NSW Australia
2 months ago
At Optiver, we seek to continuously improve our approach to pricing, execution and risk management. We believe that the rigour with which we approach these problems is a source of competitive edge. We have an appetite to diversify and improve and are always looking for great new talent to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our trading team.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Equity Single Stock Options Trader to join the team and improve us further. You will trade primarily the Hong Kong market as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous... improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• The role will primarily involve trading Hong Kong Equity Options with an expected holistic understanding across the trading problem (some combination of: positional, technical, fundamental, volatility forecasting, edge modelling, ability to automate).
• The role will have a leadership remit, with the expectation to take the team to a new level in those focused areas.
• Extensive collaboration with research/quants, developers, corporate strategy and wider functions to deliver improvement across the trading problem.
• Strategically contribute to future direction of the team and challenge the status quo.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Significant trading (or equivalent) experience
• Extensive single stock options experience
• Evidence of leading a team or initiative
• Demonstrable holistic understanding across the trading problem (some combination of: positional, technical, fundamental, volatility forecasting, edge modelling, ability to automate)
• Ability to work within a team and able to structure focused improvement in at least one of the above areas.
• Capacity for wider thinking and to challenge the future direction of the team.
• Orthogonal skillsets are preferred.
• Ideally experience or knowledge of Hong Kong market.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
• The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
• Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
• Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
• Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
• Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
• Regular social events including an annual company trip
• A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities
Sydney NSW Australia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.