Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit Serbia Serbia
2 months ago
Apply now: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=application&jobad_id=66640
Team Leader/ Environmental Policy Expert (m/f/d) Improving Chapter 27 planning and implementation
Bookmark jobadShare jobad
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
• Job-ID: V000054405
• Location: Belgrad
• Assignment period: 09/01/2023 - 02/28/2025
• Field: Climate Change, Environment
• Type of employment: full-time
• Application deadline: 04/16/2023
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ... GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Improving Chapter 27 planning and implementation” in Serbia.
The overall objective to which this action contributes is:
• To assist Serbia in further aligning its environment and climate change policies formulated in Negotiating Positions in view of EU accession.
The impact of the action is:
• Serbia achieved higher level of preparation for EU accession in the field of environmental protection and climate change.
The Team Leader will have the overall responsibility for the smooth running and timely implementation of all project activities, communication and visibility according to the approved plan and the efficient use of project funds. The Team Leader will be responsible for the management of the team of all experts and for overall quality, coordination, realisation of the activities and outputs, as well as of timely reporting, liaising with the EU Delegation, beneficiary and stakeholders. 90% of the assignment must be carried out within Serbia.
Qualifications and skills
• University degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of minimum four years of study at a university or equivalent institution) in environmental sciences, law, economics, political sciences, engineering, European studies or other relevant areas.
General professional experience
• Minimum 15 (fifteen) years of professional post-graduate experience in EU environmental policies or EU integration in an EU Member State.
Specific professional experience
• Minimum 10 (ten) years working experience with the EU accession process on policy and action planning related to implementation of EU environmental requirements, (preferably through participation in negotiating structures or donor-funded projects related to accession process);
• Experience in a management position involving leading a team of experts (in the public sector) in a minimum of two EU funded projects, for a combined total minimum budget of 4 million €.
The project office will be located in Belgrade from where most project activities will be undertaken. Visits to local administration, installations and other will, however, require travel throughout Serbia.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is the third quarter of 2023 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 30 months from this date (minimum 560 working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English
Team Leader/ Environmental Policy Expert (m/f/d) Improving Chapter... Serbia jobs
Jobs by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.