TIAA Copenhagen Denmark
2 months ago
The International Business Development job oversees the identification, evaluation and negotiation of new international sales and marketing growth opportunities across multiple areas, including pricing and sales channel strategies. As a subject matter expert in international business development, this job develops relationships with existing and potential clients and drives growth internationally by forming development strategies, introducing product offerings and negotiating strategic partnerships.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversees the identification and development efforts of optimal revenue models, sales/distribution channels, pricing and new product development strategies.
• Negotiates strategic partnerships with international clients, including financial arrangements, customer sharing and intellectual property rights.
• Oversees tracking process of international investments across new product development initiatives.
• Promotes sales efforts of product and service... offerings to international clients.
• Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external customers through the utilization of appropriate tools or technologies.
• Communicates updates to leadership team regarding international business development team processes and updates.
• Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level international business development professionals.
• University (Degree) Preferred
• 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
• Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA, which was founded in 1917 and is the #1 not-for-profit retirement market provider in the US today. Nuveen is one of the world’s largest investment managers with $1.2T AUM, 2,900 employees and offices worldwide delivering award-winning investment capabilities across asset classes. The three pillars of expertise include Income, Alternatives and Responsible Investing. We provide investors access to a wide range of liquid and illiquid alternative capabilities such as real estate, real assets (farmland, timber, infrastructure), private equity and private debt, in addition to both traditional and fixed income assets. Our heritage as a pension provider means we wholly understand the challenges other like-minded investors face.
We have successfully been investing through market cycles for over 100 years, for both ourselves and our investment partners. We do this with our best-in-class multi-affiliate model. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
Overview of the Role
Our Nordic Client Group is seeking a Sales VP/Director to service our growing client base out of the Copenhagen office. The successful candidate would be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the firm’s institutional clients as well as prospective investors in Denmark, Norway and Iceland.
The role would offer an opportunity to work with both some of the largest and most sophisticated institutional investors in the region across the broadest possible set of investment products.
The firm supports the successful candidate with training in product knowledge, process & systems, and relationship management skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Manage key client relationships at a senior level with CIOs and portfolio managers to identify and diligently pursue new potential business, and retain existing business.
• Develop and execute strategy to cross sell to existing client base.
• Drive new revenue and new mandate generation across products and client types.
• Lead robust client and prospect meetings and engagement activity.
• Initiate brand building and sales activity with investors not currently engaged in discussions with Nuveen.
• Develop and execute strategy to uncover and develop mandates that will have the most commercial impact.
• Work collaboratively with partners within Nuveen, especially the Specialist sales and Product and Responsible Investing Team, to drive new business opportunities and solve complex client issues and challenges.
• Lead support staff on assigned client relationships to provide client service and implement sales strategy.
• Mentor junior team members and contribute to the team’s overall development.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
• At least 5+ years’ experience in financial services, asset management industry experience preferred
• Experience and demonstrable track record in institutional sales, with relevant experience in alternatives and traditional asset classes
• Established network of key decision makers within relevant institutions in the Nordic region
• Excellent sales skills with demonstrated ability to close business
• Ability to build strong working partnerships and effectively managing client expectations.
• Solid product and investment knowledge
• General understanding of financial markets, investment vehicles and regulatory landscape in the Nordics.
• Degree in related field (Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Marketing)
• Self-motivated individual, with the ability to take ownership to ensure outcomes are achieved
• Effective communication skills with both external clients and prospects but also internally
• Act in line with Nuveen’s Company Values
• Team orientation
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good networking skills
• Delivering results and expectations
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Relating and networking
Regulatory registration required: No
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Email: [email protected]
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice
Global Client Group, VP/Director International Business... Copenhagen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.