Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Working with the Associate Vice President (AVP), the Audit Portfolio Manager will help plan and effectively complete assigned accountabilities, supporting the completion of process focused, risk-based audits. As a member of the Internal Audit Services (IAS) team, complete (or in the case of more complex audits, assist in the completion of) risk-based, business... process focused audit assignments with the goal of improving the overall risk/control environment of CTC.
At Canadian Tire we work flexibly, embracing a ‘Hybrid’ work environment, whereby individuals utilize a combination of working at a CTC campus and or virtually in service of outcomes. Determined by managers, decisions around work location will be made based on business and team needs and are grounded in a desire to support individual well-being and personal needs. Our goal is to empower teams and individuals to make the right decisions for them, and we expect that to look different for everyone.
What You’ll Do
• Assess and report on both the adequacy and effectiveness of those internal controls that aim to manage risks. In so doing, identify weaknesses and recognize opportunities for control enhancements.
• Provide consultation to department/business line management on matters pertaining to the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk / control environment.
• Supervise (in some cases) other staff assigned to audit engagement or projects so as to ensure completed work supports the plan and meets divisional audit standards.
• Complete audit engagements, projects, or multiple sections of the audit program.
• Identify, document, and assess key business process related risks and controls.
• Assess key controls in terms of both adequacy of design and effectiveness of operation.
• Report risk / control gaps in the process that may impact a business from achieving its objectives.
• Support Management by identifying through audits completed, cost recoveries and savings opportunities.
Specific accountabilities pertaining to the phases of the audit are as follows:
Planning / Execution Stages
• Developing detailed audit plans / programs and manage assigned fieldwork to ensure alignment.
• Assessing risks and adequacy of internal controls for business processes, and document in flowcharts.
• Recommend and apply data mining approach to validate control assertions.
• Complete sufficient testing of processes/key controls/assertions in an effective and efficient manner.
• Ensure that the audit documentation on each assignment meet division’s and IIA Standards.
• Assess audit findings to derive risk / control stated recommendations.
• Quantify cost recoveries and cost savings opportunities.
• Work with clients to develop realistic solutions to control identified weaknesses.
• Ensure that client’s corrective action plans are properly documented. Follow-up with the client where required.
• Provide assistance as required, to external auditors in conducting audits.
• Maintain and develop current and professional knowledge to enhance and complement work skill set.
• Prepare draft Audit report with management responses, action plans and timelines.
What You Bring
• CPA Designated
• At least 6 years of practical auditing experience
• Degree in finance or business
• Experience in completing an enterprise business risk audit approach
• Proven record of designing and conducting audit tests using data analytics, and to formulate appropriate conclusions and insights
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the development and execution of data mining and analysis techniques
• Applied knowledge and experience of Corporate, Real Estate, Charity in the retail industry are considered an asset
• Well-developed verbal and writing skills sufficient to prepare and communicate audit findings
• Proficient in process mapping of control systems and processes
• Strong organizational skills and able to self-manage
• Presentation skills sufficient to provide detailed explanation and interpretation of factual and conceptual information and ideas related to risk/ control related matters
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Visio, (SQL and/or KNIME considered assets)
• Proven skills for working with teams and building team rapport
• Ability to influence without a direct line of authority is essential
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience
Audit Portfolio Manager (Contract) Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.