Domtar Montreal Canada
2 months ago
Position title: Intermediate Financial Internal Auditor
Location: Montreal (hybrid 1 day in office per week) - this position cannot be done remotely
Reports to: Manager, Internal Audit
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide world class, responsive service to Domtar’s stakeholders by delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company’s operations and systems of internal controls. The Internal Audit Department assists the Company with accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, business processes, internal controls, and governance processes.
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, you will be part of a dynamic and committed team and actively participate in the Department’s activities. These activities include performing operational, financial, compliance and strategic audits, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance... testing, project assistance, special requests and investigations.
• Plan audit mandates and identify internal controls to mitigate risks identified during planning;
• Comprehend and document business processes using flow charts and narratives;
• Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls identified;
• Document the work performed and the results obtained;
• Identify, prioritize and communicate, to business process owners, internal control deficiencies noted during testing and provide recommendations to remediate control deficiencies;
• Communicate progress and results of the audit to the business process owners and Department Management throughout the audit;
• Synthesize in writing through draft audit reports, the results and findings of the audits in a concise and accurate manner which includes relevant, actionable recommendations to improve processes, systems, and controls;
• Perform ad hoc management and Department requests.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with all levels of management;
• Great team player with a collaborative approach;
• Professionalism and ability to exercise judgment and tact in dealing with others;
• Strong presentation skills accompanied by excellent verbal communication and writing skills;
• Ability to express ideas in a simple, clear and convincing manner;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and to quickly adapt to changing priorities and demands;
• Strong organizational skills; ability to plan effectively and meet deadlines given;
• Ability to work in a structured and autonomous fashion;
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• Naturally curious and eager to learn new business processes, new systems and new technologies;
• Available to travel (approximately 10-15% of the time) primarily within the United States and Canada.(After the pandemic).
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Major in Accounting or in a related field;
• CPA certification is preferred (Canada or Unites States);
• CISA, CIA, CFE certification or other relevant designation is an asset;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
• Comprehensive understanding of risks, internal controls and financial statement assertions;
• Ability to conceptualize and execute data analytics during mandates;
• Basic understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislative requirements;
• Experience with testing of automated applications controls is an asset;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Knowledge of SAP, JDE, and audit command language (ACL) or similar data analytics software is an asset;
• Very strong oral and written skills in English;
• Ability to communicate in French is considered as a strong asset.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
• A downtown location (Place des Arts metro);
• Alternative Work Arrangements; hybrid remote work and flextime and summer hours;
• A modern and spacious work environment;
• A flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
• An employee assistance program;
• A childcare center on location;
• Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
• A pension plan with matching company contributions;
• Employer-paid development and continuing education.
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and air laid nonwovens. Domtar’s principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies.
With approximately 6000 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities
Intermediate Financial Internal Auditor Montreal jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.