Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Pembina Pipeline Corporation Calgary Canada
2 months ago
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Department: Assurance Group
Pembina’s Internal Audit department is seeking a qualified and experienced Internal Auditor. Reporting to the Manager, Internal Audit, the successful candidate will be accountable for planning and carrying out risk-based audits designed to add value and improve internal operations of Pembina as defined in the annual Internal Audit Plan and assigned by the Manager Internal Audit. Such engagements include, yet are not limited to operational, information technology, financial, compliance, internal control, fraud, and governance reviews.
• Continual risk assessment across the business, and an aptitude to stay abreast of organizational change and impacts on the Internal Audit Work Plan.
• Ability to compose and execute Internal Audit Work plans and appropriately manage the internal audit stages.
• For each audit, articulate a value-added Scope, and Objectives with supporting Work Program and procedures.
•... Ability to assess audit results succinctly, and accurately document audit findings.
• Complete thorough working paper documentation/evidence.
• Identify opportunities for improving business processes based on audit outcomes, to minimize risks.
• Provide objective, practical, and cost-effective audit recommendations.
• Prepare compelling quality and actionable draft audit reports for Internal Audit management review; audit reports must articulate objective audit results to a broad range of stakeholders and the benefit to the area/activity of recommendations and cost efficiency opportunities.
• Produce quality audit reports following the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) and standards.
• Verbally communicate audit results to stakeholders.
• Proactively monitor the status of internal audit issues and recommendations, including follow-up on prior audit recommendations to relevant management.
• Participate in other internal audit special projects, as required.
• Maintain a comprehensive and current understanding of Pembina’s control environment, key risk areas, and interdependencies between business processes, systems, and business areas.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Pembina, including its supporting Governance processes and systems. (e.g., Management of Change, OMS, Project Delivery Governance Lifecycle).
• Promote the Internal Audit function within the organization; and
• Contribute to an environment that promotes inclusion and diversity.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, and/or Business/Data Analytics.
• Progressive professional experience directly related to Internal Audit, internal controls, IT, data analytics, and/or risk management.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is required; CPA, CISA, CFE, or other relevant professional certification would be considered an asset.
• Strong written and verbal communication; ability to tailor communications to the right audiences and communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing using appropriate terminology and communication methods.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and project management skills to be able to prioritize multiple audit projects.
• Previous experience in the energy sector, auditing, and/or public practice accounting firm.
• Possess a real passion for mitigating risk and aptitude to leverage problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills for root cause analysis.
• Thorough knowledge of professional internal auditing and ethical standards demonstrated strong technical audit competence, and risk-based auditing methodologies (i.e., audit procedures, audit sampling techniques, internal controls, risk management, the IIA IPPF, and data analytic techniques).
• In-depth knowledge of Committee of Sponsoring Organization (COSO) frameworks and related risk management, project management, and governance frameworks is required (e.g., COSO 2013, COBIT).
• Aptitude for overall business acumen, and a detailed understanding of general business processes.
• Strong analytical skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and SAP working knowledge.
• Diligent and detail-oriented documentation skills.
• Proficiency in report writing.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to maintain independence and objectivity in the performance of audits.
• Passion for continuous improvements.
Final candidate will be required to undergo Pre-Employment Background Checks including a Criminal Record Check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina's growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement or volunteer opportunities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2022), Alberta's Top Employers (2014-2022) and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.