Syria Relief & Development
Syria Relief & Development Türkiye Turkey
2 months ago
SRD Overview and Mandate
Syria Relief & Development (SRD) is a non-profit organization providing humanitarian aid to Syrians affected by violence, hunger, poverty, injury, and displacement. Our Mission is to provide crisis humanitarian relief and plant the seeds of sustainable development for the people of Syria. Our Vision is to maintain humanitarian relief and mobilize resources to develop a comprehensive agenda for sustainable development in Syria, SRD offices in Gaziantep, Turkey, and in NW Syria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that proper financial and administrative procedures are adhered to and maintained at the field office, in coordination with other departments.
· Working with program staff in preparing and/or revising grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs, regional staff, and headquarters costs.
· Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank... reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, and advances’ reconciliation.
· Provide full support to the finance coordinator by following up on Labor Laws, the Turkish Association, an Accountant Legal firm, and any other relevant issues.
· Prepare and process financial reports and review supporting documents of assigned grants on a monthly basis.
· Do monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on bank accounts as needed.
· Assist with scanning and filing, and other paperwork as needed.
· Keeping daily/monthly accounting records.
· Ensuring the delivery of the statutory declaration, Bank-POS, billing, current inventory, safe, paychecks, and the realization of the recognition process of the collection process.
· Assist in counting and verification of vouchers, receipts, and other documentation.
· Assist finance and Operations teams in audit matters, including external, Internal, or Project based audits.
· Ensure that all payment files are correct, complete, accountable, and transparent before payment.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Any other duties requested by the line manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field.
· General Work Experience: Preferably 3-4 years of experience in Finance and compliance/audit management within national or international NGOs;
· Good Knowledge of budget control, BVA., projection, and spending plans.
· Good experience with accounting software such as NetSuite and QuickBooks.
· Languages: Good in English and Arabic (writing –reading –speaking) - Turkish language will be desired.
· Computing: Proficient in Microsoft Office including excel, word, outlook etc.
· Analytical skills and good attention to detail.
· Organizational skills and the ability to work independently and within a team.
· Other skills: Communication skills, Time management.
· Understanding of Finance management as a whole.
· Ability to work under pressure and work extra time if needed.
· Hands-on attitude and willingness to help out flexibly if required.
· Organizing and archiving files and documents.
· To show commitment to the mission of SRD as an organization.
· To demonstrate commitment to high professional, and ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by sending your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] before 23-March-2023 stating in the subject " Finance Officer"
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Due to national quota regulations, this position is opened only to applications from Turkish citizens or holding proper residence papers documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this post
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.