Youth Advocate Programs, Inc.
Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. Kansas City MO United States
2 months ago
POSITION SUMMARY: Hourly, Part Time position providing social work to youth and families throughout Sedgwick County are available. Applicant must be dependable, committed, and able to serve as a positive role model for youth in the community, school and home settings.
• Job location is in Sedgwick County, Kansas. Applicants will interview remotely via phone
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Primary responsibilities of the Social Worker/Youth Worker are to initiate, organize, plan, develop and implement direct advocacy services to assigned clients and their families. All service plans will be based on a strength-based approach using the wrap around model.
Other Essential Functions of job but not limited to:
• Providing entry-level social work, case management, and mentoring services to at risk youth and families involved in the Juvenile Justice or Child Welfare system.
• Working remotely with youth in the community.
• Providing support and guidance related to Service Plan goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President or Regional Director
• Adhere to all YAP, Inc.’s personnel policies, the YAP, Inc. Code of Conduct and the Integrity Compliance Plan.
• Abide by YAP philosophies, including but not limited to delivering services in a culturally competent and trauma-informed manner.
• Follow YAP, Inc.’s special incidents reporting procedures
• As an hourly position, work hours may vary. Position requires working outside and inside.
SUMMARY OR COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Fulfilling work assisting at risk youth and families.
• $14 hourly compensation for billable service delivery working with youth and families. $10 hourly compensation for non-billable work hours including training, supervision, meetings, compensable drive time, and paperwork.
• $0.45 compensable mileage for transporting youth and families.
• Flexible scheduling.
• PT staff are eligible for dental/ vision insurance.
• EDUCATION: Minimum High School diploma or equivalent and experience with the target population. Associates degree or Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License, Automobile Insurance meeting company required bodily injury limits, and access to vehicle.
• Problem Solving Skills. Recognizes problems and provides feedback or documentation to assist with resolving the problem.
• Knowledge of community resources a plus.
• Communication Skills. Consistently uses good listening skills to remain informed and acts upon or acknowledges receipt of information. Provides well-organized and clearly written information.
• Math Skills. Perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Computer Knowledge. Word processing software, Internet/E-Mail
• Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, utilize creativity, maintain a high level of decision-making, ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment, maintain a high level of record keeping/routine paperwork, provide close attention to detail, ability to travel, ability to work under pressure for results, establish own goals, meet frequent deadlines, work in a closely supervised environment, and work closely with others.
In keeping with Youth Advocate Programs’, Inc. philosophy that each employee or prospective employee should be encouraged to reach his or her full potential, and in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations or modifications will be made for qualified applicants with disabilities to allow such individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
• Flexible schedule
• 4 hour shift
• 8 hour shift
• After school
• Day shift
• Evening shift
• Self-determined schedule
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Kansas City MO USA
Jobs in Kansas City MO United States
Social Worker/Youth Worker Kansas City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.