Swiss Re AG
Swiss Re AG Zürich Switzerland
1 week ago
Zurich, Zurich, CH
Junior Accountant in External Reporting (80-100%)
About the Role
Are you keen on analysing and assessing various accounting topics related to the Group's numerous external disclosures? Are you willing to collaborate and liaise with the department's internal business partners and contribute to the communication with investors, analysts and readers of the financial statements?
If yes, this position might be a great opportunity for you In this role, you will support the External Reporting team, part of Swiss Re's Group Reporting Department, where tasks are rotated on a regular basis, offering you the possibility to acquire knowledge across many aspects of finance and accounting.
This is an ideal starting position for a university graduate.
In addition, you will:
• Provide our management with relevant information for business steering
• Analyse and evaluate the business drivers and the connections to the financials
• Work in close cooperation and... interaction within our team
• Coordinate the resolution of reporting issues with the Group's entities worldwide
• Produce ad hoc deliverables for our senior management including the CEO, CFO, Chief Accounting Officer and Head of Investor Relations
About the Team
We are the Group's reliable provider of consolidated financial information, supporting both internal and external stakeholders in making well-informed decisions. We act as the centre of competence for financial reporting across Swiss Re. We are a professional, engaged and dedicated team, based in Zurich, consisting of a group of open-minded personalities with various backgrounds, all thriving in a hectic, fast-paced environment that requires focus, interest in the business, and, most importantly, team spirit.
• Curiosity about international reporting and accounting matters with a flair for numbers
• Successfully completed a university degree, preferably in a field like finance, accounting or equivalent
• Accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA) or interest in working towards one is an asset
• Strong passion to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Approaches problems with curiosity and flexibility, is a fast learner
• Creative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit
• You have the ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Good command of English is required
• Excellent analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
We provide feedback to all candidates via email. If you have not heard back from us, please check your spam folder.
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
Reference Code: 123994
Job Segment: Accounting, CPA, Finance
Junior Accountant in External Reporting Zürich jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.