Jacobs Dublin Ireland
1 week ago
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About The Opportunity
Jacobs’ Vehicle Solutions team is involved with projects for new vehicles, depots, vehicle maintenance, fleet modifications and design, for a wide range of clients in the UK and Ireland including vehicle owners, operators, installers, equipment suppliers and local and national... government organisations.
As a Principal Consultant in our New Trains team, you will drive the development & innovation of our technical solutions for our Rail clients, to meet their greatest challenges to ensure technical excellence and delivery of Transportation and EMEA strategies. You will take technical responsibility for New Trains including
• Advising on rolling stock options available
• Writing train technical specifications
• Supporting tendering for new rolling stock
• Reviewing designs
• Inspecting vehicles and systems in production
• Planning and witnessing testing and reviewing maintenance information
• Work with staff in Vehicle Solutions and Sales to provide technical input and costings into bids that involve new trains.
All locations will be considered for this role, it will require the ability to travel on occasion in line with business needs.
Here’s What You’ll Need
• Degree/HNC or relevant experience in electrical or mechanical engineering
• Experience of supporting vehicle owners and / or operators during the stages of introducing new trains including writing the train specification, tendering, design review, manufacturing inspection, testing, planning maintenance, approvals and in-service introduction
• A good knowledge of the main systems and functions of modern railway vehicles, including traction, braking, communications and door systems
• A good knowledge of the typical in-service problems encountered by rail vehicles and ideas for avoiding such problems in the future
• Good communicator
• A working knowledge of Railway Group Standards, Technical Specifications for Interoperability / National Technical Specification Notices and BS EN standards relating to rail vehicle design
• Experience of the UK or Ireland vehicle engineering sector with a consultant, manufacturer, vehicle owner, train operator, contractor or infrastructure controller
• An understanding of, or willingness to learn about, the main features of new power supply technologies for railway vehicles, such as traction batteries and hydrogen
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
Job Reference ID BIE0001MG
Principal Consultant, New Trains Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.