VTT Espoo Finland
2 days ago
Are you interested in state-of-the-art millimetre-wave devices built on multilayer (LTCC) ceramics and looking for a new job opportunity in the field? Do you want to build an excellent science career and work at the interface of academy and industry? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning, and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds focuses on creating impact through science-based innovation. Get to know us further by exploring VTT's research infra at VTT World .
We are now looking for a Research / Senior Scientist to join our Photonics and RF Integration team in Oulu
As a Researcher, your key goals are to advance our LTCC technology for wireless and optical communication applications as well as for novel sensing solutions. Examples of... our activities include advanced phased array antennas, MMIC modules, fiber-optic transceivers, and quantum tech based sensors, for applications areas including 6G networks, aeronautics, and satellites. In this position, you will have an essential role in developing state-of-the-art devices on LTCC together with the top experts and world-class companies and institutes. You will work closely with the LTCC manufacturing and electronics integration and packaging experts in Oulu as well as with our RF and antenna design specialists and microelectronics and quantum tech experts located in Micronova premises in Espoo.
VTT is a leading research and manufacturing partner in advanced LTCC substrates, circuits and micromodules that are used in various communications, sensing, and extreme environment applications. The LTCC manufacturing line together with versatile electronics and photonics integration, assembly and packaging processes are located in VTT’s cleanroom facility in Oulu. We participate ambitious European research activities in the fields of millimetre-wave systems, microsystems and photonics solutions, and we serve our customer companies worldwide by developing and manufacturing LTCC circuits and modules.
Read more about our research:
As a researcher, you will:
• Contribute or lead design of millimeter-wave and other high-performance LTCC-based devices, together with our manufacturing experts and other design experts
• Plan and implement characterization and test campaigns of the fabricated devices, and analyze the results, together with your colleagues
• Communicate work plans and research results in project meetings and by written reports
• Publish research results by authoring or co-authoring scientific papers and conference presentations, and potentially in other kinds of technology events or publications
• Participate preparations of new research and customer projects, and depending on your interests you may also lead small and even bigger R&D projects
Who we are looking for:
• A person with experience and interests in design and fabrication of RF circuits and devices.
• We highly value experience in ceramics substrates, especially in LTCC, and experience in millimetre-wave frequencies.
• We expect you have at least know-how on some RF simulation tool (HFSS, AWR, etc.) and experience on layout design tool (Altium Designer, PADS, FAB3000, etc.)
• Any experience and knowledge in technologies like electronics manufacturing (circuit boards, assembly, etc.), ICs, photonics and optoelectronics, microsystems, thermal management, failure analysis, metrology, and cleanroom processes are great assets too.
• Master’s or Doctoral degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline
• Communicate fluently in English
As a person, we hope that you are:
• A fast learner who can work in target-oriented and independent manner while collaborating with colleagues with complementary expertise.
• Eager to work with new topics with an open-minded and curious attitude, even looking for beyond-the-obvious solutions. In addition, you have the ability and patience to tolerate uncertainty and unexpected outcomes.
• Having mindset oriented towards applications and commercial exploitation of research results, and customer satisfaction.
• Acting as a team member in a project environment requires flexibility, willingness to communicate and co-operate with customers and research partners. You contribute to a positive team spirit.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy: / What we offer you:
• Visionary work in technology. We offer positions at the cutting-edge of technology and engineering from next generation microelectronics and quantum technology to automation and robotics, energy systems and more. Our research agenda is dedicated to creating sustainable growth by solving systemic and technological challenges, so your work will go towards creating real, positive impact. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope .
• Fascinating projects, excellent research environment. Our researchers get to work on a combination of cutting-edge academic research and applied customer projects, both locally and internationally. At VTT, you’ll have state-of-the-art research facilities at your disposal, such as Micromodule Centre cleanroom facility in Oulu for electronics and photonics devices.
• Great career opportunities, superb colleagues. At VTT, excellence in research is a strategic priority. We offer long-term positions and stable career paths in top-level research. People tend to stay with us over 10 years since there are always new roles and responsibilities to grow into. Collaborating in a cross-disciplinary community with superb colleagues is a source of learning, inspiration, and fun. Read more about our organisational culture as the builder of the world's most meaningful place to work.
• Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work–life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays, we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programmes and trainings on cognitive ergonomics.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by Mon 10th of April 2023. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Research Team Leader Mikko Karppinen, [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Research / Senior Scientist, RF micromodules Espoo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.