Eaton Coignières France
1 week ago
EATON is looking for a
Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Remote position or Versailles/Marolles-en-Brie, France
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs?
Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work.
As Supplier Development Engineer you will be responsible for the deployment of supplier development and improvement processes across the Eaton Aerospace supply chain to achieve improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance and enhance supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
Your main responsibilities:
• Conducts initial Supplier Site Assessments (SSA) to evaluate risk with New Suppliers prior to their addition to the ASL
• Performs capability (Product, Process, Materials Management) assessments and where necessary, Special Process Audits with key... suppliers to evaluate the application of advanced quality tools, manufacturing capabilities, material management, and lean maturity. Supports the development of subsequent improvement plans and coordinates milestones & completion of actions against an agreed project charter.
• Assesses Production Rate Readiness with suppliers that are undergoing significant industrial transfers to ensure risks are understood and coordinates the timely completion of actions to eliminate supply chain disruption.
• Actively supports supply chain cost-out projects and new product introduction by working closely with suppliers from development through to production launch, ensuring compliance to process, and coordinating on time submission of FAI’s or PPAPs as required.
• Coaches’ suppliers in the deployment of key business processes such as 8D Problem Solving, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), SIOP and Material Management.
• Monitor performance, communicated expectations, and required actions for all assigned suppliers. Supports & protects the Business as a Voting Member on Divisional Gate Reviews.
• Functions as a liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Quality, Operations etc.) to clarify requirements, facilitate communication and drive accountability for improvement actions.
• Educates suppliers in Eaton Aerospace internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants.
• Leads cross-functional teams in the development and deployment of effective supplier related policies, processes, and procedures per AS 9100 and customer requirements. Leads the deployment and training of both internal and external stakeholders worldwide.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or supply chain management
• Basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO/TS16949, AS9100), methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, and PPAP
• Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt
• Fluency in English and in French (German as a plus)
• Lead auditor qualification
• Lean training and hands on experience is desirable
• MBA is a plus
• Commodity Experience; specific to Castings/Forgings, Special Processes & Electronics
What we offer to you:
Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
• We make your perspectives matter - Different points of view are what drive innovation and collaboration, and at Eaton, innovation begins with top-to-bottom diversity. Our senior leadership is made up of individuals from diverse groups to help create an environment where employees feel represented and heard at every level.
• We make your aspirations matter – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
• We make your growth matter - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• We make your contributions matter - reliability, safety, efficiency, and sustainability are at the core of our dedication to improving people’s lives and the environment through power management technologies.
• We make your wellbeing matter – We put your health and safety first. Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our recent awards:
• FORTUNE’s 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies list
• One of the World's Most Ethical Companies 2021 by Ethisphere
• Top 50 Employers List 2020 by Woman Engineer Magazine
• Best Place to work for LGBTQ Equality 2020 by Human Rights Campaign
• Named to 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2020 list for 13th consecutive year by 3BL Media
• 100 Best Corporate Citizens list for 11th consecutive year by Corporate Responsibility
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER ITD
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Remote
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Coignières France (+2 others)
Supplier Development Engineer Coignières jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.