Piedmont Snellville GA Georgia
1 week ago
The Nurse Extern, under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides direct patient care to patients from birth through the lifecycle. This care includes utilizing treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the pre-licensure nurse in the clinical setting per hospital policy.
• Provide direct patient care.
• Assists with data collection to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
• Assists patients with ADL activities; functions independently with treatments, equipment and procedures appropriate to the scope of pre-licensure clinical practice. Assists with mobility, feeding, oral care, bath and range of motion.
• Performs treatments timely, to include glucose checks, incentive spirometry, simple dressing changes, wound/ostomy care, and setting up electronic education devices/services.
• Performs skills as delegated by Registered Nurse to include: phlebotomy, ECG, intermittent urinary catheterization, indwelling urinary catheter insertion and management, peripheral IV insertion and removal.
• Maintains and monitors skin integrity by turning patients every two hours, applies treatments and barriers as ordered and monitors patient regularly.
• Documents in the EMR in a timely manner all vital signs and treatments provided.
• Effectively communicate between all care partners. Ensures primary nurse is aware of any changes in patient condition or concerns.
• Assists with admission and discharge process. Meets patient in the room when admitted whenever possible to obtain vital signs and assist with patient intake.
• Reinforces education provided by licensed staff.
• Administers medications under direct supervision of registered nurse staff.
• Controls patient care cost by ensuring accurate recording of patient charges.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Effective Communication Skills
Initiative to promote self-learning and patient outcomes
Ability to handle stressful environments
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Currently enrolled in and progressing through an accredited nursing program and successfully completed the first Med/Surg rotation.
Minimum Experience Required
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required By Law
BLS certification required
Certification from a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician program preferred
Certification in phlebotomy preferred
Certification in ECG preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider
Snellville GA USA
Nurse Extern-SPRN-PEM Snellville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.