Kemira Atlanta GA Georgia
1 week ago
Your Responsibilities Will Include
• Partner with multiple functions (Application, Sales, Product line, PSRA, Manufacturing, IP) to develop and commercialize new product in alignment with Kemira's growth strategy.
• Develop application screening techniques to deliver on more representative results applicable to customer specific needs...
• Plan, coordinate, and conduct laboratory tests to assess physical/chemical properties and performance of products in Pulp and Paper applications.
• Assist in installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of specialized equipment designed for pulp and paper applications. Identify and develop testing methodology to support process and product development.
• Design custom test procedures, and identify or build custom equipment to test material and product attributes to validate features and benefits of new technologies.
• Prepare and present written reports, publications and presentations that are concise, clearly understood and contain appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
• Contribute to the business and R&D strategy development in the research areas of focus, and proposes new R&D projects to R&D and business leadership teams.
• Actively manage and execute assigned work and propose new work plans.
• Support planning project work in a variety of areas.
• Some travel (10-20%) to customer and/or manufacturing sites will be required.
• Potential for field trial support.
Educational & Experience Requirements
• Ph.D. in Chemistry/Engineering with + 2 years industrial experiences or
• M.S. in Chemistry/Engineering with + 5 years industrial experiences or
• B.S. Chemistry/Engineering with + 10 years industrial experiences
Desired Skills And Experience
• Have a thorough knowledge of Paper Coating and Converting Processes.
• Proven track record of designing and developing barrier coating product with enhanced barrier performance to water, oil, grease, water vapor, oxygen.
• Strong hands-on experiences in coating formulation preparation and testing in the laboratory.
• Strong backgrounds in Surface and Colloid Chemistry and DOE.
• Knowledge of molded fiber or converting process is a plus.
• Proven success contributing to larger assignments for complex projects while working with more experienced personnel.
• Ability to work in time driven fashion, often with minimal supervision.
• Ability to take initiative to address issues and proactively find solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in technical communication.
• Must have key focus on safety and the ability to work in a safe fashion unsupervised.
• Good interpersonal skills – able to work in a multifunctional team environment.
• Possess good Customer interaction skills.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer. Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers' product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2016, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.4 billion and 4,800 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. WWW.KEMIRA.COM/CAREERS
Atlanta GA USA
Research Scientist/Sr. Research Scientist Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.