Cox Communications Conley GA Georgia
2 months ago
Cox Communications is searching for a Network Planning Engineer who will be responsible for developing tools for measuring, analyzing, modeling and forecasting network traffic for Cox network. Identify infrastructure capacity needs, financial impact, and related performance. Ensures data and process quality. Clearly communicate strategic and tactical results with numerous stakeholders. Recommend... tools and methods to improve forecasting process.
This position will employ or engage with the following technologies: Excel, SQL, DOCSIS, PON, FTTH, and Metro network. And join a diverse engineering team working to transform data and video networks for the next generation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Work with product, engineering, construction, and finance teams to create and drive requirements
• Measuring, analyzing, modeling and forecasting near term network traffic, infrastructure capacity needs, financial impact, and related performance.
• Directs cross department impact analyses and validation studies through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical methodology, research evaluation, and final research report
• Provides and conducts trend analysis to support business operations; includes Bill of material and budget modeling
• Develops reports and documentation to clearly and succinctly communicate results
• Develop reports and analysis to verify data and process quality. And develop and support procedures to feedback quality problems for owning teams for resolution
• Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in analytical procedures or cross-functional methods
• Work with Engineering management office, Integrated network planners, Engineering, Construction and Finance teams to create tactical plan
• Work with Atlanta engineering teams and vendors to develop long term plans.
• Interprets operational requirements and methods and procedures for inclusion in studies and analysis, and to conduct root causes analyses and make recommendations to improve the business processes
• Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
• Conducts statistical analyses to create actionable insights for department leadership
• With guidance, presents data and provides recommendations to department leadership for their use in making operational decisions, identifying process improvements and developing policy development to support change initiatives
• Provides input to leadership on performance issues and operational process improvements
• Uses and may program statistical analysis software
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 6 years' experience in a related field
• 2+ years of managing team of network planners responsible for network capacity plans.
• 1+ years operational experience associated with service delivery platforms
• Analytical expertise analyzing operational performance data and driving process or platform improvements
• Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research or analysis
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, written, and verbal communication and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• 2+ years of operational and capacity planning associated with service delivery platforms.
• Extensive working knowledge in premises networking technologies platforms and managed services
• Proven effective collaboration experience working with Product, Strategy, and Field Services to develop technology roadmaps and deliver project objectives
• Knowledge of Optical Network Engineering
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Conley GA USA
Network Planning Engineer II Conley jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.