Cox Communications Peachtree Corners GA Georgia
2 months ago
Lead Data Engineer
Listen, we need you to get your head out of the clouds...
No, scratch that, sorry - we need your head IN the cloud!
Interested in joining Cox Communications' Analytics and Intelligence? We're searching high and low for a Lead Data Engineer to be a core member of our Cloud Architecture & Data Engineering team. Keep reading for details!
What You'll Do
In a word, Amazon Web Service (AWS) implementation. Okay, that was four words.... nice catch! That's the kind of hands-on attention to detail we're looking for. We're also looking for someone who will:
• Maintain frameworks in AWS for transitioning analytics solutions at different maturity levels between data science and operational teams.
• Implement cloud capabilities including data ingestion, data models, data storage, high-throughput data processing, data pipelines, access management and data monitoring at scale.
• Follow engineering best practices with considerations for security, high data availability, computational efficiency, cost and quality.
• Build and maintain environment processes, functionalities and tools to improve all stages of analytics solution development - e.g. proof of concepts, prototypes and production.
• Automate manual processes into repeatable capabilities
What's In It For You?
• We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone...including you!
• Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you'll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
• We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
• We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
• How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
• 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
• Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
• Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
• Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
• Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
• We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on this link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our amazing benefits.
Who You Are
You've got a vibe for innovative tech. You're efficient and concise. Your toolbox of ideas is deep, and you love creative problem solving. Other qualifications include:
• BA/BS degree and 6 years of related experience, OR MS degree and 4 years of related experience (cloud infrastructure and platforms) OR Ph.D and 1 year of related experience
• Experience with Python.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with source version control software, like Git or Bitbucket, and CICD pipelines like Jenkins.
• Experience working with leading cloud vendors such as Google, Microsoft or Amazon.
• Degree in computer science, engineering or closely related field.
• Knowledge and experience with AWS Services including Lambda, Step function, CloudWatch, EventBridge, EC2, EMR, RedShift, SQS, RDS, IAM, API Gateway.
• Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of software/languages/tools, such as Spark, Python, Scala, Java, C++, Hive, SQL, etc.
• Experience within the telecommunications industry, cable industry or consulting.
• Experience with data visualization solutions and data visualization tools.
• Experience with microservice development (Docker, Kubernetes , etc.).
Cox Enterprises, Inc. JD Disclaimer
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Peachtree Corners GA USA
Jobs in Peachtree Corners GA Georgia
Lead Data Engineer Peachtree Corners jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.