Cox Communications College Park GA Georgia
2 months ago
There's really no better way to say it - technology is amazing . It's sparked your curiosity and driven your passion for as long as you can remember. And that's why we want to talk to you.
At Cox Communications, we're searching for a Lead DevOps Engineer with a passion for hands-on tech and various development tools. From supporting developers to working on automation, you'll help define the... structure and processes for our hardware deployed in the field. Do we have your attention? Keep reading to learn more!
What's In It For You?
• We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone...especially you!
• Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you'll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention & innovation.
• We offer exceptional work/life balance, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work, too.
• We show our appreciation for our people with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
• How does great healthcare benefits from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
• At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on the link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
• 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
• Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
• Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets (up to $374 value per month).
• Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
• Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
• Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
• We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
With benefits as rich and diverse as our employees, you'll find a plethora of options, giving you the freedom to make the best choices for you and your family.
What You'll Do
That stuff that makes non-Tech people's eyes cross, but whips you into a frenzy? Yeah, that's what you'll do...and more! Responsibilities include:
• Serving as key leader and expert on DevOps practices.
• Defining roles, responsibilities and processes in a hybrid DevOps team.
• Implementing and supporting continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
• Scheduling, implementing and automating security compliance patching and updates on production and QA servers.
• Ensuring continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & release management, including source control, continuous integration, & change management.
• Engaging with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing and facilitating autonomous delivery teams.
• Supporting, troubleshooting and analyzing code on all 4 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, continuous integration and delivery frameworks and network hardware deployment.
• Deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running.
• Implementing automation to improve coding efficiency.
• CI/CD Onboarding
• Mentoring junior members in the team
• Working collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
Who You Are
You're a multifaceted multitasker. You love new tech. You're equally comfortable as a team player or lone wolf. Here are your qualifications:
• A BA/BS degree with 4 years of experience or MS degree with 2+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience.
• Experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
• Proficiency in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python.
• 8+ years track record of relevant work experience in a DevOps or Lead DevOps role.
• Should have a hands-on understanding of DevOps tools and automation framework.
• Demonstrated experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using CI/CD, Docker, Git.
• Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Python, Kotlin, NodeJS based frameworks.
• Hands-on experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Scala, Python, Golang etc.
• Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions.
• Working experience in cloud computing and GCP.
• Knowledge and experience with Linux OS .
• Should have working experience with monitoring tools or any other monitoring processes.
• Experience working in Agile environments.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
• Strong automation and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through to completion.
• Experience coaching junior members in the team.
Show us what you've got. Apply today!
USD 105,700.00 - 176,100.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
College Park GA USA
Jobs in College Park GA Georgia
Lead DevOps Engineer College Park jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.