Cox Communications Riverdale GA Georgia
2 months ago
The Wireless Engineer II will be primarily responsible for successfully planning and launching new products and services on our WiFi platform, while exceeding customer expectations for the experience on our WiFi services and maintaining a high level of reliability for our platform components.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and lead the build, planning and implementation process for our T4 activities for our core wireless components including routers, switches, wireless LAN controllers and access points with minimal direction
• Methodically scope, troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix or escalate complex problems to the appropriate team as required in high-scale service provider WiFi environments while minimizing customer impacts and outages
• Capture configurations, logs and packet captures as necessary for escalation to engineering peers or vendors and partners
• Partner with Engineering team members to influence designs and test strategies to improve delivery from an operational perspective, including reliability, scalability, simplicity, and standardization
• Partner with Engineering team members to gain in-depth understanding of proposed changes to hardware, software or configurations and successfully map those to change activities, implementation and validation procedures, and technical operational documentation
• Replicate production issues in staging lab environments along with traffic generators as necessary to test fixes and to regression test launches
• Assess and continually improve operational methods and procedures
• Define event engineering requirements, author methods and procedures to be executed on defined SNMP or syslog alarm conditions and validate test cases in lower environments
• Quickly understand preliminary product/platform concepts or high level designs and subsequently author technical requirements as necessary based on those understandings
• Translate high level engineering documentation into working configurations and test plans and enhancing areas with additional applicable data where necessary
• Utilize, interpret and translate network capacity tools and metrics into action plans to increase capacity as necessary
• Participate in a scheduled on-call rotation
• Participate in planned maintenance activities during maintenance windows as needed
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 2 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and up to 2 years' experience; or 6 years' experience in a related field.
• Fundamental knowledge in Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi related IEEE standards, protocol and service provider architectures
• Fundamental knowledge in all packet based protocols such as TCP/IP (including protocols like DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc), MPLS and routing protocols such as OSPF, ISIS, BGP
• Fundamental knowledge of security protocols and authentication (WPA2, WISPr, EAPS-TTLS, 802.1x, AAA, RADIUS)
• Fundamental knowledge in DOCSIS access and provisioning technologies.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Specific experience in the designing and operating of large scale service provider wireless networks. Broad experience should include: Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 standards), 3GPP, ePC, RAN, 4G, 5G, Hotspot 2.0
• Intermediate knowledge in Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi related IEEE standards, protocol and service provider architectures
• Fundamental knowledge of fixed wireless access and 5G networks.
• Intermediate knowledge in all packet based protocols such as TCP/IP (including protocols like DHCP, DNS, TCP, UDP, etc), MPLS and routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP4.
• Intermediate knowledge in Network Monitoring Systems and Device/Network Management Systems, like SNMP, etc.
• Intermediate knowledge in Linux administration in a network tools capacity (Cacti, SNMP, NUTTCP, iPERF, RANCID etc.)
• Working knowledge in scripting (shell, python, perl, etc.)
• Fundamental knowledge in SQL, Splunk, network tools
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Riverdale GA USA
Wireless Engineer II Riverdale jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.