Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council Kyiv Ukraine
2 months ago
We are looking for a Ukrainian Research Coordinator (Cash & Markets) to join our team in Kiev.
The bulk of NRC’s response is through Multi-Purpose Cash Assistance, leading to the creation of a regional Cash and Markets team who support the work carried out by the Ukraine Country Office Cash and Markets team. This regional team focuses on coherence (ensuring tools and approaches are standardised across the response), creativity (focusing on innovative thinking), collaboration (working with different departments and teams across NRC), accountability (being honest and transparent about challenges and successes) and creating an enabling environment whereby tools and skills are shared across NRC.
To be Dedicated, Innovative, Inclusive and Accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and relationships.
What you will do:
• Assist and support implementation of the portfolio according to established plans of action
• Implement independently procedures and activities... within core competency as delegated
• Develop and maintain knowledge and skills required for the assigned area of work in which humanitarian assistance is being provided, to be most effective in assisting the project implementation and the team
• Use initiative in day-to-day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
• Ensure proper collection and filing of documents
• Provide regular progress reports
• Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of work
What you will bring:
• Education: University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Data science, Data management or analytics
• Minimum 1 year of experience in research, data collection or analysis
• Experience in the development of and visualization of humanitarian response datasets
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel, Microsoft 365 / Google Suite)
• Ideally knowledge in KoBo Collect
• Knowledge of R or other code-based analysis software is an asset
• Previous experience with humanitarian assistance and cash programming is an asset
• Experience with facilitating and leading internal organisational processes
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian, both written and verbal
What Makes This Position Attractive?
• The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. The organisation began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries.
• Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Ukraine meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We Offer
• Duty station: Kyiv
• Contract duration: Till end of December 2023
• 10% to field locations
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
• Closing Date: 29.03.2023
• NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
• We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
• We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the detailed Job Description here.
• Learn more about NRC here and NRC Ukraine
• To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
• Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
• Ensure to attach your latest CV.
• Submit your application and CV in English.
• When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
• Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
• Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
Research Coordinator (Cash & Markets) Kyiv jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.