VHB Manasquan NJ United States
2 months ago
ABOUT THE POSITION...
VHB’s growing Manasquan, NJ office has an immediate need for a Geomatics Crew Chief II to join our Geomatics/Survey/Reality Capture team.
• Supervises members of the geomatics/survey crew
• Guides and redirects geomatics staff to stay on course with budget and schedule
• Formulates workflow plans to complete various types of geomatics projects based on instructions provided
• Oversees field operations surveys (e.g., boundary, topographic, control, construction, ALTA/NSPS, engineering, As-Built/post construction, reality capture)
• Analyzes and interprets public records research (e.g., deeds, plans, other pertinent documents for the project)
• Supervises operation of data collection systems (e.g., manual and robotic total station, digital and auto levels, GPS instruments, reality capture equipment)
• Ensures accurate layout and measurement of land surfaces
• Ensures proper maintenance of equipment and vehicles
• Communicates with the public as needed
• Documents all phases of work through field notes, daily reports, and other project documentation
Skills and Attributes
• Thorough knowledge and extensive experience in the field using surveying equipment (e.g., GPS instruments, manual and robotic total station, reality capture equipment)
• Experience using various survey and/or reality capture software
• Solid knowledge of geomatics mathematics (e.g., fundamental geometry and trigonometry) and geomatics data collection principles, practices, methods, and procedures
• Proficient in reading and understanding engineering, architectural and structural drawings
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• 5+ years of geomatics/professional land surveying experience
• 3 years of progressive geomatics/survey crew chief experience in leading and supervising field crews
• High school diploma or GED
• Degree in Geomatics, Survey Engineering, or Engineering preferred (college degree can substitute for experience)
• Experience with AutoCAD, Civil3D desirable, but not required
• Experience with Microstation, Inroads and OpenRoads desirable, but not required
• Experience with Leica survey equipment desirable, but not required
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) desirable, but not required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
• Willingness to travel to various sites, including some overnight stays, as needed
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
• Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation.
• Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects.
• Amazing co-workers
• A focus on learning and development
• Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Manasquan NJ USA
Jobs in Manasquan NJ United States
Geomatics / Survey Crew Chief II Manasquan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.