Tax Law Solutions
Tax Law Solutions San Juan Puerto Rico
2 months ago
The Finance Manager is responsible for assisting the Chief Financial Officer with the implementation of new clients, preparing projections, and managing business relationships with new and active clients. Provides support in preparing monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP; analyzes financial data and maintains and balances subsidiary ledgers. The Finance Manager is involved in the annual budget, preparing and analyzing actual vs budget reports, and revenue reports, among other tasks. It is responsible for assisting and supporting accounting processes and personnel areas. The Finance Manager will supervise the Senior Accountant Supervisors
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Is responsible for assisting with the implementation of new clients, preparing projections, and managing business relationships with new and active clients.
• Form a close working relationship with the... CFO, Accounting Manager, TLS Manager and Senior Executives to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
• Supervises, trains, evaluates performance and coaches the Senior Accountant Supervisors in all client-related accounts while maintaining high-quality service standards.
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
• Provide sales and client support by creating financial models and projections to help close business and retain existing clients.
• Prepares monthly financial statements, and reconciles monthly subsidiary ledgers (with General Ledger).
• Provide leadership and account strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
• Provide oversight and support of the company’s accounting operations, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
• Develops reports using database structures as needed.
• Maintains and identifies areas of improvement in the internal controls of the TLS entities mainly, but not limited to clients’ relationships and services.
• Assists in identifying and providing explanations on key budget/forecast variances.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget in coordination with management; and generates Actual vs Budget Reports with major variance explanations, both for the current month and year-to-date:
a. On a fiscal year basis
b. On a calendar year basis
• Assists and collaborates with annual financial and tax external audits, as needed.
• Support with the filing of Quarterly and Annual Statutory reports.
• Assist in maintaining the integrity of accounting and budgeting software systems by checking for errors and inconsistencies.
• Conforms with and abides by all applicable regulatory guidance and internal accounting policies and procedures.
• Supports testing and receives final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
• Protects the Organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Other projects as assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements
• CPA License preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in Accounting Cycle, Fiscal planning, Consolidation and Public Accounting
• Experience developing action plans
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, impeccable attention to detail, organizational skills with strategic thinking and planning, customer service oriented
• Ability to work on multiple, complex projects, simultaneously and see them to completion with limited supervision
• Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Outlook)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
Excellent telephone and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,200.00 - $74,200.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Hybrid work schedule temporarily. Covid-19 plan in place when visiting the office. Mask use is required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
• San Juan, PR 00918: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
• Bachelor's (Required)
• Consolidation/Public Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
• Combined Accounting/Fiscal Planning: 5 years (Required)
• English. Fully Bilingual (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in San Juan, PR 00918
San Juan Puerto Rico
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.