Talend Lisbon Portugal
2 months ago
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data governance, is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win, IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score™, an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7,250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees... brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
As we grow strongly in Portugal, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Talend Data Governance Platform team. This team provides all necessary services to support Talend's products requirements. All these services must comply with the expected 99.9% SLA requirement.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle from development to production monitoring. We are looking for skilled engineer comfortable with Java, Scala, Docker & Kubernetes but also experienced in debugging distributed systems. Apart from possessing strong technical skills, the candidate should show a strong bias for action. He should be open-minded and comfortable with the motto: "You design it, you build it, you operate it".
Architecture & Development
• Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation
• Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise
• Build services that support large, complex applications.
• Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies
• Build new high level designs as required
Mentoring & Leadership
• Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability
• Lead a group of software engineers responsible for delivering scalable and performant platform
• Lead by example, care for your team and always be there for them
• Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team members
DevOps & Testing
• Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of services
• Build 360-Degree monitoring dashboards of your Microservices
• Strong Java skills
• Feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, RDMS, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, microservices, various cloud technologies
• You like most of our methods: Agile, continuous integration, automation, Iterative delivery
· Graduated in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience;
· Experience in delivering results in rapid release cycles;
· Professional Java programming experience with RESTful, Message-/Event-Driven technologies, distributed applications;
· For you, it does matter whether an API call takes 1200ms or 200ms
· Experience with Kubernetes would be a plus.
· An understanding of distributed and cloud computing, incl. deployment related experience (ideally including Docker, AWS);
· Experience working in Agile/Iterative/Scrum development experience;
· Experience with Test-driven development/Unit Testing and automation;
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing;
· Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and ability to multi-task with close attention to detail.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- 7,250+ global customers rely on Talend for their data health
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 7th year in a row)
- Named a Leader for Data Quality Solutions by Gartner (for the 5th year in a row)
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric (for the 2nd time in a row)
- Top 100 best Leadership teams, compensation and benefits 2022 by Comparably.com
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at [email protected]. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
By submitting your application, you confirm you have read and acknowledge Talend’s Recruitment Privacy Notice. We may use automated decision making of your responses during our evaluation of your job application, for instance, to determine if your residence or proficiency fits the requirements for the job opportunity. You can exercise your privacy rights, including your right to object to automated decision making (if applicable), by filling out this privacy form or contacting [email protected].
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend does not accept any unsolicited applications from third parties – for our current agency policy please check here
Senior Software Engineer - Portugal remote Lisbon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.