International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Kabul Afghanistan
2 months ago
- Frequently supervise education activities in the field, at least 15-20% of time should be in project sites.
- Ensure quality of the education projects through regular field visits, technical follow ups and evaluations
- Ensure preparations and follow up of action plans within the project
- Analyze the education data and share analytical reports/recommendations with the Education Program Unit (EPU) on improving qualitative and implementation aspects of the education project.
- In collaboration with the Kabul-based Administration and Program Implementation departments, ensures the timely provision and supply of the education materials to project office and schools.
- Advise and assist the Education Program Unit and HRM section in recruiting the education staff.
- In collaboration with the Field Administration Unit, ensure the project staffs receive on time logistics support in performing their daily action plans and field visits.
- Contribute to developing work plans, reports and... budgets as required.
- Ensure delegation and shared information within the project unit and with other units of IRC
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant stakeholders at PO level, particularly with the Provincial Education Directorates
- Ensure all payments, procedure for biding and procurements are according to the IRC approved manuals.
- Through transfer of own knowledge and skills, enhances the ability of the PO education team.
- Identify training needs of PO education staff and to give recommendations to HRM or EPU on training of staff.
- Ensure that all PO education staffs have appropriate skills, knowledge, and training to perform job functions.
- Coach and mentor PO education staff to ensure optimal results.
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality.
- Promote gender equality and human rights as well as nondiscrimination attitudes with regard to ethnic, political and religious background within his mandate of responsibilities.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of PO education unit staff.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of the education activities according to the policy, strategy, work plan, budget, and other guidelines.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and conference organized by the IRC management.
- Promote good coordination with other IRC projects, all PO units and other department at regard to project planning, budgeting, and other related issues.
- Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the education projects and IRC in general.
- Actively ensure community participation in education projects.
- Actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of the IRC Qualifications
- Graduated from relevant Faculty of University, preferably Education, Science or Literature
- At least five years' experience in a higher managerial position within relevant field of a NGO or UN organization, preferably with education project management experience
- At least five years working experience leading staff working with education-based development projects
- Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto, written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to deal with different rural communities with varied political/socio-economic and educational background
- Good supervisory, leadership, analytical and troubleshooting skill
- Solid knowledge of planning, budgeting and report writing
- Familiar with design, evaluation, and monitoring of education projects
- Computer knowledge at an operational level, IRC uses Ms Office standard software
- Ready to work, live and travel in an intricate and strenuous environment
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.